Swix Universal Quick Klister

Real reviews by real skiers. What a concept! Add your own today. Reviews only please, questions can be posted as replies but new threads looking for opinions should be posted to the main Telemark Talk Forum.
wabene
Ski style: Stiff kneed and wide eyed.
Favorite Skis: Åsnes Gamme, Fischer SB98, Mashus M50, M78, Pano M62
Favorite boots: Crispi Svartsen 75mm, Scarpa T4

Swix Universal Quick Klister

Post by wabene » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:45 pm

images.jpeg
Just a quick review of the Swix Universal Quick Klister. This can is an aerosol propelled klister. The top under the cap is a fabric circle and when you press it against the ski klister is sprayed onto the fabric and you just smear it down the wax pocket on your ski. When you get the desired amount on your ski you can use the fabric to spread it evenly tip to tail. The directions say to wait a few minutes for it to dry. I tried it out on my first (and last for this year unfortunately) trip out on my new Madshus M62's on a local golf course that still had some snow at about 45f, in a t-shirt! I started with Swix blue kick wax but there was absolutely zero grip. I then skied a couple of miles with the Transition skins on. I pulled off the 45mm nylon/mohair mix skins, which were a little slow in these conditions, and applied the klister out there on the course. SUPER easy and zero mess. Popped the cap back on and stuck it back in my pack. Very convenient. I waited a few minutes with my impatient dogs and then carried on. This was my first experience with klister. It was better than the skins, plenty of reliable kick and decent glide. These skis have a single camber at best so in less than 2 miles I was losing grip. Back at the truck I noticed much of the klister was gone. I would use this product again, but maybe with a binder, especially on these skis. I look forward to trying it on some double camber skis next season.
Will