Is it Great Again Yet

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
Stephen
Ski style: Aspirational Hack
Favorite Skis: Armada Tracer 118 (195), Gamme (210), Ingstad (205), Objective BC (178), Nordica Enforcer 94
Favorite boots: Alfa Guard Advance, Scarpa TX Pro
6’3” / 191cm — 172# / 78kg, size 47 / 30 mondo

Is it Great Again Yet

Post by Stephen » Mon May 17, 2021 5:57 pm

If you're a fan of former President Donald Trump, PLEASE don't watch this -- it will just piss you off, and I dont want to piss anyone off. There are happier ways to spend the next 12 minutes of your life.

To the rest of you, this may be amusing.
It seems like a humorous summary of the last 4+ years.
If this was unscripted, it's even more brilliant.

Warning, contains profanity.

freeheelwilly

Re: Is it Great Again Yet

Post by freeheelwilly » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:34 am

Why in the world do you not want to offend Trump Trash; I live to do just that. They're unread, garbage who don't understand, and don't deserve, Madisonian Democracy. Fuck 'em.

(BTW, Just watched the video. Brilliant. So fucking embarrassing that this ass-clown represented this country for 4 years at the end of which 75 Million slobbering cretins were pounding on the table for more.)

twopass
Favorite Skis: Tatra Gopher High 12's
Favorite boots: Red Wing

Post by twopass » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:21 am

"I really have had enough of illogical detraction by association as a way of avoiding logical argument by an absurd extension of ad hominem argument to third parties."

Stephen
Ski style: Aspirational Hack
Favorite Skis: Armada Tracer 118 (195), Gamme (210), Ingstad (205), Objective BC (178), Nordica Enforcer 94
Favorite boots: Alfa Guard Advance, Scarpa TX Pro
6’3” / 191cm — 172# / 78kg, size 47 / 30 mondo

Post by Stephen » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:48 pm

There’s no joy in it for me to bash Trump supporters.
It’s a truly sad state our country (and a lot of the world) is in when things are so polarized.

I sometimes have to remind myself that there are intelligent, well-intentioned people on the other side of the divide.
I don’t understand them, I can’t comprehend how they don’t see what I see, but they don’t.
I don’t know everything.

Trump wasn’t = to Hitler (although I fear a slide in that direction).
Trump isn’t causing the divide, people are already there, he just exploits the division.

It’s almost like dystopian visions of the future are unfolding before our eyes.
Changing the trajectory takes something more than ridiculing the other side.
Peace.

freeheelwilly

Post by freeheelwilly » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:08 am

At this point I have no interest in a rapprochement with Trump supporters. If you voted for Trump in 2020 then as a human being you have a very low ceiling and a near bottomless floor. The ceiling for Trump supporters is that they are just low-information, dead enders who know nothing about their own government or civics in general and so don't see Trumpism as the existential threat to liberal democracy that it so clearly is. The floor is much, much lower. They are people that would discard our form of government the moment they feel they are no longer the exclusive beneficiaries of its rewards. In other words, to the extent they ever mouthed support for our traditional values of a free and open press, the rule of law, open and transparent elections and respect for minority rights it was all just a lie. They'll goose-step off behind the first Orange Ass Clown who tells them they're special and promises to give them a job shoveling coal somewhere. They're filth and I refuse to even acknowledge their humanity. We're polarized for a reason but that reason isn't that "both sides" have equally valid proposals and world views. We're going to have to take them on and defeat them. Electorally that will become easier as the demographic changes in this country continue apace. But many Trumpers will not (DO not) accept electoral defeat. If that causes them to just wander off muttering nonsense and shaking their fists at the sky, that's fine; our society has dealt with internal malcontents and loonies in the past and knows how to marginalize them. But if they decide to start rampaging again then I'm afraid that this will not end well for them. And I can't find it in me to feel the least bit bad about that.