4th

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
CwmRaider
Ski style: XC-(D) tinkerer
Favorite Skis: Åsnes FT62 XP, Børge Ousland
Occupation: Very precise measurements of very small quantities.

Re: 4th

Post by CwmRaider » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:47 pm

freeheelwilly wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:21 am
Really, did you just read his post and envision the situations the man was in? It doesn't sound to me like he "enjoyed" that context, he was just reflecting on how nice it was to get along nowadays, by contrasting the shitty times for everyone in Detroit in the past, with now:
I know I and the black people I have worked with were happy to put that racial hate behind us.
Have a nice day, all of you. Go for a hike, have a beer in the sun.

-R.
Last edited by CwmRaider on Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CwmRaider
Ski style: XC-(D) tinkerer
Favorite Skis: Åsnes FT62 XP, Børge Ousland
Occupation: Very precise measurements of very small quantities.

Post by CwmRaider » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:48 pm

greatgt wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:30 am
trying to figure my next ski.....The Fischer 109's while good are not "great"....Already broke the in the ski attachment for skins....Pretty funny really....TM
How did it break? Is the ski still usable?

connyro
needs to take stock of his life
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:26 pm

Roelant wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:47 pm
freeheelwilly wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:21 am
Really, did you just read his post and envision the situations the man was in? It doesn't sound to me like he "enjoyed" that context, he was just reflecting on how nice it was to get along nowadays, by contrasting the shitty times for everyone in Detroit in the past, with now:
I know I and the black people I have worked with were happy to put that racial hate behind us.
Have a nice day, all of you. Go for a hike, have a beer in the sun.

-R.
Jesus Christ roelant. The racism still exists in Detroit. It didn't go away because fish said so. It existed when I lived there in the 90s and it still exists today. Just because fish is getting along with the people who work for him doesn't mean shit. His whole post above just smacks of naivety. Teleman on the other hand is racist trash and I have called him on it for years. I guess that's "stalking" now. His patriotic posts are just thin veil for his racism. It's disgusting and I personally can't stand idly by on a forum that i read to relax and enjoy what's good in the world, mainly skiing.

freeheelwilly

Post by freeheelwilly » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:41 pm

Really, did you just read his post and envision the situations the man was in?
Yes and yes.

He deserved to have his ass kicked after using that word. Frankly, he deserved much worse.

I lived in Minneapolis in the 70's and had several fraught encounters with African American young men. I never used that word. Not once. Wouldn't even have crossed my mind. Look at his avatar: He's just a fat,old redneck. I see some Covid co-morbidities there so.....hope springs eternal.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:41 am

Fish....people like FH silly are....well....silly....Connie is a virulent hater....he has no concept that "All men are created equal" means. before the creator your just human....We all are human....As an individual you are Human but could also be a looser...rapist....murdered....thief...priest...teacher....health care worker....logger....Your just Human...Individuals of the Human race can be slimebags....they can be close to God....Race is meaningless....BECAUSE.....we are all Human and that's the way it is....haters be damned...You know who you are....jump off a Clift and be done with it....Teleman

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:48 am

R the hole in the ski where you affix the skins through the ski is broken with a opening as a piece of the inset disappeared....Will see if I have a line of snow hitting my knee late fall....Since everybody here seems to like Asnes skis....Do they have a narrow cambered high tipped ripper?...Lighter would be better...Waist around 60?????? Powder ski.....TM

freeheelwilly

Post by freeheelwilly » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:24 am

greatgt wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:41 am
Fish....people like FH silly are....well....silly....Connie is a virulent hater....he has no concept that "All men are created equal" means. before the creator your just human....We all are human....As an individual you are Human but could also be a looser...rapist....murdered....thief...priest...teacher....health care worker....logger....Your just Human...Individuals of the Human race can be slimebags....they can be close to God....Race is meaningless....BECAUSE.....we are all Human and that's the way it is....haters be damned...You know who you are....jump off a Clift and be done with it....Teleman
Wow. I think maybe Gramps' Red Hat is on a little tight. That or he injected too much disinfectant. That's some nonsensical shit right there even by the relaxed standards that I've charitably applied to his posts in the past.

I guess the fact that Gramps remains in the thrall of the Orange Phallus shouldn't surprise any of us. After all, Trumpy Pants told us that he "loves the uneducated". (He actually said that. Out loud. To people. It may have been at the same presser where he dry-humped the American Flag.) Gramps, as a charter member of the Great Unread, is determined to demonstrate that he returns those feelings.

BTW Gramps, the USSC kicked the Commander-in-Diapers in the balls yesterday. Hard. He's been squealing about it on Twitter ever since. That investigation in the SDNY is going to be interesting.

Nitram Tocrut
Ski style: Backyard XC skiing if that is a thing
Favorite Skis: Sverdrup and MT51
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska NNNBC

Post by Nitram Tocrut » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:21 pm

Hey guys,

You should plan a ski trip together so that you could argue about your different political views and then post a report. That will make for a really good reading :shock:

Your presidential election will be really interesting to follow as it will have such a larger influence than on this ski forum ;)

Take care and please don’t be too hard on my Avatar... it was Halloween...

Peace!

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:53 am

If they ever open the border.....We have some awesome hardwood skiing.....and.....two wonderful Telecamps....Ski....beer.....food....Arc on boys....and if there are any girls on this forum....Arc on!!!!! TM

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:49 am

Connyro, and Teleman, I appreciate both of you. I know you guys don’t get along. I will definitely try to steer clear of your disagreements.
I personally believe racial hate destroyed the beautiful city that I I grew up in as a young boy in the sixties which was Detroit. I believe things changed dramatically by the 2000’s when I started being involved with projects in the city. I could be naive, however I never felt hate because of my race. My experience in Detroit since the 2000’s has been a spirit of cooperation between the races. It could be clients just wanted a good contractor, and businesses just wanted my cash, and people on the street just found me interesting, but in my world I believe we all, for the most part were working to love and not hate.
I also believe the lack of rioting in Detroit is because people learned hate doesn’t work.
I know hate doesn’t work. I have spent many pleasant hours over the years reading posts from different places and differing ideas, on this Telemark Talk Forum. I don’t want to sow the seeds of division. May all enjoy peace this summer.