Biological Annihilation

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
twopass
Favorite Skis: Tatra Gopher High 12's
Favorite boots: Red Wing

Re: Bugpocalypse

Post by twopass » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:58 pm

Studies in the journal Nature conducted by an international team consisting of 89 climatologists reveals an unprecedented rate of ice melt at the planet’s greatest ice masses. They assessed ice loss data from 11 satellites that monitored both Greenland and Antarctica over the past 30 years.

Here’s the horrifying truth: The combined rate of ice loss from Greenland and Antarctica averaged 89 billion tons per year in the 1990s. Yet, by the 2010s (if standing, please sit down) the average rate exploded to 523 billion tons per annum. That’s a shocker. It’s inconvertible evidence that global heat is coming on strong, way too strong, especially for coastal dwellers.
https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/03/18 ... -scenario/
"I really have had enough of illogical detraction by association as a way of avoiding logical argument by an absurd extension of ad hominem argument to third parties."

twopass

Post by twopass » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:02 am

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Last edited by twopass on Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I really have had enough of illogical detraction by association as a way of avoiding logical argument by an absurd extension of ad hominem argument to third parties."

twopass

Post by twopass » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:47 am

twopass

Post by twopass » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:11 pm

twopass

Post by twopass » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:06 pm

twopass

Post by twopass » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:26 pm

twopass

Post by twopass » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:54 am

twopass

Post by twopass » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:47 pm

A new study in Nature (April 2020) casts a disturbing light on the prospects of abrupt ecosystem collapse. The report analyzes the probabilities of collapsing ecosystems en masse, and not simply the loss of individual species. (Source: Trisos, C.H. et al, The Projected Timing of Abrupt Ecological Disruption From Climate Change, Nature, April 8, 2020)

The paper states that a high percentage of species will be exposed to harmful climate conditions at about the same time, potentially leading to sudden and catastrophic die-offs of biodiversity. If high greenhouse gas emissions remain in place, abrupt events are forecast to begin before 2030 in tropical oceans and spread to tropical forests and temperate regions over time.
https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/04/15 ... -collapse/

twopass

Post by twopass » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:06 pm

twopass

Post by twopass » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:09 pm