Biological Annihilation

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
twopass
Favorite Skis: Tatra Gopher High 12's
Favorite boots: Red Wing

Re: Biological Annihilation

Post by twopass » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:46 pm

"I really have had enough of illogical detraction by association as a way of avoiding logical argument by an absurd extension of ad hominem argument to third parties."

twopass

Post by twopass » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:44 am

"I really have had enough of illogical detraction by association as a way of avoiding logical argument by an absurd extension of ad hominem argument to third parties."

twopass

Post by twopass » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:13 pm

Last edited by twopass on Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twopass

Post by twopass » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:35 pm

twopass

Post by twopass » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:01 pm

francisbaud

Post by francisbaud » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:31 pm

Thanks for bringing this subject to light, it's sad that an environmental catastrophe is taking place with so little means deployed to save the remaining species.

twopass

Post by twopass » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:17 pm

An updated assessment released today by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature found that 27% of evaluated species of plants and animals around the globe are threatened with extinction.

The new update to the “Red List of Threatened Species” identifies 32,441 species as threatened with extinction out of 120,372 for which there is enough information to determine their conservation status.

“This assessment shows that 1 in 4 mammals are facing extinction, and although we don’t prefer to think of ourselves as animals, we humans are mammals,” said Tierra Curry, a senior scientist at the Center for Biological Diversity. “We have to take bold and rapid action to reduce the huge damage we’re doing to the planet if we’re going to save whales, frogs, lemurs and ultimately ourselves.”

Last year the United Nations estimated that 1 million species worldwide face extinction if humans don’t act quickly to save them. Scientists around the globe are calling for countries to preserve 30% of lands and waters by 2030 and half by 2050 to abate the extinction crisis.
https://biologicaldiversity.org/w/news/ ... 020-07-09/

twopass

Post by twopass » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:52 pm

https://wildearthguardians.org/press-re ... vironment/
The claim that runaway climate change has made societal collapse inevitable is not only wrong – it undermines the cause of the climate movement.
https://www.scientistswarning.org/2020/ ... daptation/

twopass

Post by twopass » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:48 pm

twopass

Post by twopass » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:21 pm