Alpina NNN-BC Cuffed Boots

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Re: Alpina NNN-BC Cuffed Boots

Post by bgregoire » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:31 am

[quote="Lo-Fi"]
Tom, the Alpina 2500s are cool boots, but like I mentioned, all that support up in the cuff doesn't seem to transfer through to the lower part of the boot. I find the don't power my 10th Mountain skis much better than the Rossi BCX-6. I was really excited to get a hold of them, but I think they kind of reveal the limitations of the NNN BC boot binding system. Also, as someone alluded to in another thread, they seem to be spontaneously desintegrating (if you look carefully, you can see the welt cracking and the sole is delaminating:

Lol, maybe you can send them in for a refund? :mrgreen:

I think I'm the one who commented on the synthetics boots of old. They just don't last. Those merrels are probably of the same era. Look at that leather! BETTER than new!
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

athabascae
Favorite Skis: Asnes MR48; Asnes Ingstad
Favorite boots: Alpina Traverse BC; Alpina Alaska BC

Post by athabascae » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:01 pm

Thanks Lo-Fi. Great information.

Ben, there is a pair of those old school Merrell leathers - size 44 - for sale in Montreal. I posted the link in the gear basket thread.

I have a pair coming from Seattle, can't wait for them to arrive.

Tom

GEO

Post by GEO » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:38 pm

The BC NNN (seeing I never had one) is looking increasingly sexy to me...
(yeah, I'm the guy that was posting all that nonsense about the NTN Freedom mounting).

It is always very nice (and lucky) to have heavy AND light gear. Ripping turns on NNN skate skis is pretty fun too, right?
I am kind of wondering what a pair of NNN bindings would feel like on by 10th mtn fishscales... :mrgreen:

PS I came into a pair of BC NNN bindings... what to do?!

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:28 pm

I think that's what Lo-Fi was using in that vid: Alaska + NNN + 10th Mtn.

I was ripping around in a city park yesterday with my NNN gear. I looked like a fool I'm sure, but I sure would have looked a lot more silly with meidjos and BD skis!

Also I have to be honest, it was the most fun I had on skis this year :oops: :P :lol: I'm not sure if the snow was really fun or if it was the looks I was getting from people as I came soaring out of some scrub in long telemark arcs :mrgreen: