Wide Last Xplorer Boot?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
JB TELE

Re: Wide Last Xplorer Boot?

Post by JB TELE » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:56 pm

Not an xplore boot, but the crispi bre is very voluminous. I measured a 40.5 brannon and got a 40. It was a little hit too short but plenty wide. The 41 was far too wide but not super long. I'm an E width. I wonder if other crispi boots fit the same.

voilenerd

Re: Wide Last Xplorer Boot?

Post by voilenerd » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:00 pm

I tried on some Fischer BCX Tours NNN BC at the store. Although not the Traverse, the Fischer seems to fit my 11 wide feet fairly well. The 45 was too long which could work but got some heel lift and the 44 was just right. The 45 seemed like a 11.5/12 while the 44 was closer to 10.5/11. The thick cushiness insulation was a welcomed change from the Alfa Vista. Felt like my feet were wrapped in fleece!

I also got a chance to try on the Rossi XP boot. I really like the flex of the sole on boot, not as rigid as the Alfa Vista. But didn’t care for the odd gator and the cuff really didn’t add much support at all. Width wise it felt a tad narrower then the Fischer with a more locked in heel.

REI was able to accept my return on Alfa Vistas even though I skied on them three times!

So with all that said, I got some Fischer Traverse on order. Should arrive next week!