Manney, and similar…

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Stephen
Ski style: Aspirational Hack
Favorite Skis: Armada Tracer 118 (195), Gamme (210), Ingstad (205), Objective BC (178), Nordica Enforcer 94
Favorite boots: Alfa Guard Advance, Scarpa TX Pro
6’3” / 191cm — 172# / 78kg, size 47 / 30 mondo

Re: Manney, and similar…

Post by Stephen » Fri May 12, 2023 8:27 pm

Manney wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 6:57 pm
So basically, you expect me to let stuff slide… but don’t let stuff slide yerself. Interesting.
Stephen wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 6:49 pm
No one invited you in to straighten us out.
LOL. No one invited you to straighten me out either. This is an example of the kind of tone deaf bs that boomers are famous for… getting angry when ppl do the same thing as you. How weird is that?
Stephen wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 6:49 pm
I have plenty of other things I can do in the meantime (that are a lot more productive than this!).
Partial quote… Let’s set aside the fact that you made three first person references in one sentence, which is telling.

If you have better things to do, why don’t you do them? Oh, right… invited yourself to straighten me out. Isn’t that my crime? LOL Snort.

You’re a poster boy for tone deafness. You should have yerself banned.
@Manney, am I really worth it?
I mean, over a period of 24 minutes you typed up that last post, and edited it eight time!
Holy crap, got some OCD going on?
Time for meds?

Oh crap, here I am feeding the monster…
IMG_7E8CB89F341D-1.jpeg

Stephen
Favorite Skis: Armada Tracer 118 (195), Gamme (210), Ingstad (205), Objective BC (178), Nordica Enforcer 94

Post by Stephen » Fri May 12, 2023 8:32 pm

Manney wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 6:57 pm
You’re a poster boy for tone deafness. You should have yerself banned.
That’s the thing @Manney:
1. If folks were saying they didn’t want me here, I would leave;
2. And, if I was banned, all that would mean to me is that it wasn’t the right place for me and I wouldn’t take it too personally.

@Johnny, if I’m the problem here, please, just close my account.

Thanks

Manney
needs to take stock of his life

Post by Manney » Fri May 12, 2023 9:35 pm

Your posts indicate a form of stalking behavior. Wouldn’t draw too much attention of this to anyone moderating.
Go Ski

Manney

Post by Manney » Fri May 12, 2023 9:59 pm

Stephen wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 8:27 pm
IMG_8909.jpeg
You talk about being bothered by my posts… my posts littering things up… taking away your enjoyment of the forum… But you track my every post… have them pop up on your phone!

Could it be that the problem isn’t my posting, but YOUR obsession? You are subscribing to threads that I’m responding to, then getting upset after reading them and calling for me to be banned. That’s kind of odd behavior…. Youre actually gaslighting yourself.

Idk if you were like this before your skiing accident… worth getting checked out for a concussion, mild stroke etc. Head injury or clot maybe… or just super exhausted and not thinking clearly.
Go Ski

TallGrass

Post by TallGrass » Fri May 12, 2023 11:18 pm

Manney wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 9:59 pm
Stephen wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 8:27 pm
MS Paint _ Microsoft Paint Online.png
You talk about being bothered by my posts… my posts littering things up… taking away your enjoyment of the forum… But you track my every post… have them pop up on your phone!

Could it be that the problem isn’t my posting, but YOUR obsession? You are subscribing to threads that I’m responding to, then getting upset after reading them and calling for me to be banned. That’s kind of odd behavior…. Youre actually gaslighting yourself.
:?: :?: :?:
:roll:

Manney

Post by Manney » Fri May 12, 2023 11:30 pm

Easy solution for @Stephen. Turn off notification, check in whenever he wants… or add me as “foe”. Poof… the prompts and my posts no longer appear.
Go Ski

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Sat May 13, 2023 11:09 am

Stephen wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 1:49 pm
Johnny, help! I’m drowning in garbage-talk — throw me a lifeline!

Dear Stephen,
I'll throw you three! 8-)

1- Never wrestle with pigs. It is amuses the pig and makes you look muddy.

2- Keep talking, it's good for AdSense impressions.
Seriously, in a world of facebook-idiots and reddit-junk, search engines indexed forums are our most precious friends. For all of us.

3- Never listen to a word I say.
I'm the consensus' worst enemy in pretty much everything.

I didn't watch the latest shows here, as I have no interest in anything. But it seemed pretty entertaining to me no...? And... Isn't that what we are all looking for, especially during the summer time?

In case you didn't notice yet, the entire world is made of pure bullshit. Fortunately for all of us, in this massive pile of garbage, there are some truly extraordinary hidden gems of wisdom. Wisdom is always buried in a shitload of crap. Always. Just like diamonds in the rough. It takes tons of rock to recover one tiny carat of gold. It takes tons of bullshit to discover the most valuable treasures. The things is, if we don't dig and don't get our hands dirty, we won't find anything.

The trick, (not just here but everywhere, and especially on the old-fart-dominated portions of the internet,) is to know how to read between the lines and discriminate the old hardened ego BS from the truth. Sadly, this is the way of the modern world. Not just only here and there, but freaking EVERYWHERE. As you could read it for years in my old signature on all my posts, a good way to quickly identify the signs of old man rut is to start with this simple advise of mine: Never trust a guy who recommends T4s and pins.

Most importantly., keep in mind that the world is a participative effort. The world is what we make it, and nothing else. And this, here, is the way that it looks. A forum is nothing but a small scale version of the world. Let's all analyze our reactions to each other's posts here. And observe carefully how this actually creates the very fabric of the world around us. Isn't that beautiful and fascinating?!! (At least from an anthropological point of view...)

And oh, please... Keep talking! 8-)

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen. Speech has allowed the communication of ideas, enabling human beings to work together to build the impossible. Mankind's greatest achievements have come about by talking, and its greatest failures by not talking. With the technology at our disposal, the possibilities are unbounded. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking.
-Steph Hawking

PS: For me, I think doing something retarded for many decades doesn't make one's opinion more worthy. Quite the opposite. Just like gently flexing the back knee and double-planting on geriatric terrain with freaking-expensive hi-tech telemark gear doesn't make someone an authority on the subject. And I also think that giving advice related to gear one has never tried is just lame. But that's just me. Again, never listen to me.

Manney wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 4:10 pm
Aren’t you the least bit interested in seeing @lowangle al back up any of the batshit crazy claims he makes?

Dear Bear,

Thank you for all your great input and your contributions. I really appreciate it.

But don't bother getting muddy, it's not even worth it. Let the old fart bathe in his own shit... You know just like me that there ain't no cure for old man rut... Distorting the reality according to our own egocentric needs and believing our own lies afterward is terribly lame... But hey, nothing new here... Same old same old...

Some people learn from their past mistakes. Others will only keep feeding their own retarded and narrow-minded views until the end, never learning a thing and missing the whole point of living...
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sat May 13, 2023 1:57 pm

If You Meet the Buddha on the Road, Kill Him.

12 centuries later, still good advice.
Enlightenment comes from within.

@Johnny’s link from above really is worth reviewing. Seriously.
Posting With Civility
https://telemarktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1766

Great opportunity to take a deep breath and reset the tone.

Manney

Post by Manney » Sat May 13, 2023 8:47 pm

“We must never sacrifice truth on the altar of civility, but on occasion, civility can and should be breached in order to honor truth.” PL Thomas (From the article “Civility and the Steady Retreat from Truth”)
Go Ski

TallGrass

Post by TallGrass » Sat May 13, 2023 9:06 pm

Johnny wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 11:09 am
2- Keep talking, it's good for AdSense impressions.

And oh, please... Keep talking! 8-)

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen. Speech has allowed the communication of ideas, enabling human beings to work together to build the impossible. Mankind's greatest achievements have come about by talking, and its greatest failures by not talking. With the technology at our disposal, the possibilities are unbounded. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking.
-Steph Hawking
[Interviewer:] Several songs on the album, like "Keep Talking" suggest that all problems can be solved through discussion. Do you believe that?\

[Gilmour:] It's more of a wish than a belief. [laughs]

— David Gilmour, 1994

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keep_Talk ... loyd_song)