Xplore on Ice?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Manney
needs to take stock of his life

Re: Xplore on Ice?

Post by Manney » Fri May 12, 2023 11:48 am

Where? Provide a link to Johnny’s post. Otherwise it’s just more talk… and pretty despicable If you’re attributing things to somebody that they didn’t write.
Go Ski

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Fri May 12, 2023 12:19 pm

If you want to see despicable, look in the mirror.

Manney

Post by Manney » Fri May 12, 2023 12:20 pm

Just keep posting here… safe space, friendly echo chamber.
Go Ski

lowangle al
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Fri May 12, 2023 12:24 pm

I've been posting over there for a long time and don't plan on stopping, but I'm more of an xcd guy and find more that interests me here.

Manney

Post by Manney » Fri May 12, 2023 12:55 pm

lowangle al wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 12:19 pm
If you want to see despicable, look in the mirror.
Falsely attributing comments is despicable for two reasons… spreads falsehood… misattribution. Unfair to forum and Johnny.

All you have to do is post the link to reinforce your point and prove me wrong. Why won’t you do that? What are your reasons? Don’t say it’s me… @mca80 originally asked you to post it. You ignored him.

You get pissed when people call you out on bs. Simple as that.
Go Ski

lowangle al

Post by lowangle al » Fri May 12, 2023 1:50 pm

It's possible that I'm wrong and I just got that impression when he changed his opinion on the Alfa frees. Nobody's perfect, but you've said more off the wall total bs in the couple months that you've been here than I ever have. Just because you don't always understand what I'm talking about has more to do with your ignorance than it being bs on my part. You have lot of nerve calling me a liar. My posts are based on my experiences, not assumptions based on theory or concepts. That's why I use the word "I." I can't guarantee someone else will have the same experience. This stuff has already been figured out, we don't need "new blood" to reinvent the wheel.

Manney

Post by Manney » Fri May 12, 2023 4:42 pm

Like what off the wall bs… quotes, links? Not saying your wrong… just want to understand what you’re talking about.

You fell into this trap before attributing one of your views to what Johnny doesn’t appear to have said. At least nowhere you can find.
Go Ski

connyro

Post by connyro » Fri May 12, 2023 4:49 pm

Manney wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 4:42 pm
Like what off the wall bs… quotes, links? Not saying your wrong… just want to understand what you’re talking about.
Does this count?
Manney wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:48 am
Returning to the sport after many years. Work, location (Munising), and crazy weather might allow me to get out five or six times a season (1-2 hours a sesh).

Will this be enough to build or maintain a high skill level? Would a big quiver help me develop rapidly as a skier? Maybe four or five new/used skis?
nothing but horseshit and deceit.

Manney

Post by Manney » Fri May 12, 2023 4:58 pm

How so? Weather on the UP has been inconsistent for a few years. January this year was a bit of a mess. Looked like the season would be a bust. Last near iffy.

Or are you in charge of my work schedule? Is there something about my free time you know that I don’t?
Go Ski

Eastern Ian

Post by Eastern Ian » Fri May 12, 2023 5:09 pm

connyro wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 12:19 pm
lowangle al wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 5:34 pm
After seeing the terrain in the OPs avatar, and reading that he skis shutes on Mt Washington I recommended the T4s. Because that will allow him to enjoy those same slopes that he skis with his Evo's in a smilar style. He may want to be more "sporting" and do it on light gear, but if fun is his goal, he will have more fun more of the time with the T4s. I've skied telemark in the BC on everything from xc gear to four buckle boots for over forty years and I know I'd take my T4s to Mt Washington. I've been there.
I've only skied on mt Washington a million years ago and only on alpine gear but from what I remember about the terrain and conditions is that t4s would be the absolute lightest boot I would consider. Conditions up that way vary a great deal and I don't remember ever having great snow in Tuckermans or the sherburne trail so I would likely grab heavier gear. Skiing is recreation so these days I tend to grab whatever tele gear I feel will allow for the most fun over the widest variety of conditions, which for me excludes xc oriented gear (like xplore system) in the context of skiing Mt washington. YMMV.
Digging back through the argument, This is actually really good feedback. Thank you all for your advice, you're probably right. The Xplore system probably isn't the right system for what I've been skiing. I may still get them for lower angle exploring. If I do get them, and give them a go on the more steep alpine terrain "to be more "sporting" I'll be sure to post it here.