- Posts: 1292
- Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:06 pm
- Location: Oakland County, MI
- Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
- Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
- Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March
- Occupation: Construction Manager
There was only one other time when I actually needed that knife. I came upon some kids having a party by the river who needed a knife to cut their watermelon. They were pretty impressed when I pulled that one out.
- Posts: 43
- Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:31 pm
- Location: Rocky Mountains, CO
- Ski style: Trail skiing and anywhere that goes uphill
- Favorite Skis: Fischer Europa 99, Fischer S-98, Altai Hok, Asnes USGI
- Favorite boots: Looked and looked, then found true love - Alaska 75s. Making the Ski March respect ma authority.
- Occupation: Pizza maker
- Website: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTgDy_ ... WMDmKLSoLw
Lower Spire, Alaska. 12 months of skiing complete.
Thanks! probably won't be able to do it. I'm going to spend most of september travelling. Going to Taos, NM and San Francisco this month. It will be hard to squeeze in a day of skiing in september.
However, weather permitting, that 2nd wk in Oct usually has great snow in the same spot...will try for Oct 10th when I get back from vacation.
- Montana St Alum
- Posts: 287
- Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:42 pm
- Location: Wasatch, Utah
- Ski style: Old dog, new school
- Favorite Skis: Blizzard Rustler 10
- Favorite boots: Tx Pro
- Occupation: Retired, unemployable
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:06 am
- Location: Mt Hotham
- Ski style: Backcountry and Telemark
- Favorite Skis: Madshus Eon 195cm, Fischer Ranger FR102 177cm
- Favorite boots: Alfa Skarvet/Quest, Scarpa TXPro
- Occupation: Record Producer out of work thanks to a pandemic and lockdowns
- Website: https://www.ginger-studios.com/
I’m Jimi, love the forum. I got into telemarking this year after my family and I moved to Dinner Plain in Victoria, Australia just outside Mt. Hotham. I’ve gotten into both XCD and NTN Telemarking.
We’re solidly into spring skiing here but with ongoing lockdowns in Melbourne not all the lifts are running.
My 4yo daughter’s been taken out a bunch of times by snowboarders in her first year skiing so she’s developed a fear of lifts and snowboarders. So, if we don’t go XC, I get to be “Daddy-Poma” and tow her up the hill all day with skins and a roof strap around my waist!!! Turns seriously earned!
Thanks for all your stories and photos, this place is the best!