Unapologetic love note to the Fischer E99 (now Transnordic 66)

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
vanzeeXCd

Re: Unapologetic love note to the Fischer E99

Post by vanzeeXCd » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:25 pm

e99.jpg
Was looking at this pair of mountain crown e99 for $75. Don't know what year they were? Is this a good version of the legendary e99? Thanks for any advice.

bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Post by bgregoire » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:59 pm

Woodserson wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:24 pm
They are basically new. 205cm.

I have been using your/this post as my guiding light in my search!

We had amazing skiing conditions for a week. 24" here on the ground.
Wow ok. Totally forgot I had posted photos. Plus looking at them I am reminded my waxable and her waxless do not appear to be of the same year (decal design) afterall....but surely close.

Looking forward to your review!
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Post by bgregoire » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:01 pm

vanzeeXCd wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:25 pm
e99.jpg
Was looking at this pair of mountain crown e99 for $75. Don't know what year they were? Is this a good version of the legendary e99? Thanks for any advice.
Try em out and let us know. That plastic cover at the tip makes me think this is an older pair perhaps more downhill oriented? I could be totally wrong on this. If that is the case though, perhaps there are some significant differences compared to the newer kind, including Woods' new-old acquisition.
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:13 pm

vanzeeXCd wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:25 pm
e99.jpg
Late 90s model if I compare with my memory of Fischer graphics.

You won't know unless you try, this is part of the fun

forbyfiev

Post by forbyfiev » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:53 am

Hello everyone, I registered just because I stumbled on this thread..my first "real" ski was the green E99s. I thought I had brought them when I moved but alas gone forever. I remember them fondly- I mounted the gold color Troll binding and used some bedroom slippers under the name of Norrona. That would have been what, 1978? How we made it down any hill that way I can't figure out now. Anyway, cheers to suffering the old way!

Doennes

Post by Doennes » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:40 am

This guy here really shows how the E99s can be rode. Its been talked about before in these forums, its very impressive.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:49 am

read years ago the best selling ski of all time....That was years back!...BGR you are on to something g...E99's have come in different forms for years...remember going up Camels Hump and wondering why the sticks didn't work as well on breaking the trail.....Found out indirectly that they were a "downhill" model....man did they ever "thrill" this much younger guy back then....Still have not been able to break my decades old 205's....However the 215's are going to be used today.....Over 30 inches of snow up there and this should be sweet....TM

Lars_Danner
Ski style: Classic
Favorite boots: Fischer Comfort Pro

Post by Lars_Danner » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:57 pm

Lars_Danner wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:24 pm
I've been experimenting with different skins on my e99s. Pomoca Climb Pros (100% mohair) cut to about 18 inches, provide really nice grip and glide.

PXL_20201119_201641955.jpg

PXL_20201119_201613995.jpg

I am getting about 150 miles on a pair of skins with this technique. It also turns out you don't need the paper clip. You can just fold the skin onto itself. As far as the skin material itself, I have switched to Contour Guide Mohair Skins. The glue is better, the hairs are a bit longer, and they are pre-cut the a perfect 50mm width, so all I need to do is trim one end to fit in the slot and then leave about 17-18 inches in the kick zone and I am good to go.

PXL_20210204_215227357.jpg
Lars Danner

See my blog at: LarsDanner.blogspot.com
See my Facebook group at: Adventure Nordic Skiing--Alaska

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Re: Unapologetic love note to the Fischer E99 (now Transnordic 66)

Post by Woodserson » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:57 am

I'm bumping this thread to reference updated 21/22 name change to Fischer Transnordic 66. The ski otherwise remains unchanged from the previous Xtralite version of the past several years.

Arc on E99! Arc on!

Lars_Danner
Ski style: Classic
Favorite boots: Fischer Comfort Pro

Re: Unapologetic love note to the Fischer E99 (now Transnordic 66)

Post by Lars_Danner » Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:43 pm

Woodserson wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:57 am
I'm bumping this thread to reference updated 21/22 name change to Fischer Transnordic 66. The ski otherwise remains unchanged from the previous Xtralite version of the past several years.

Arc on E99! Arc on!
I am not sure that is true. I picked up a pair of the 66's for my trip to Nome in a few months and while the dimensions are the same, they are maybe 15% lighter than my e99s. I haven't skied with them yet, so I am not sure what other differences there might be, but they are not exactly the same as the skis they replaced.
Lars Danner

See my blog at: LarsDanner.blogspot.com
See my Facebook group at: Adventure Nordic Skiing--Alaska