Madshus Loke And/Or Odin

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
HeathDude

Madshus Loke And/Or Odin

Post by HeathDude » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:12 pm

Anyone have experience with the Loke and/or Odin? I can't seem to find any information about either. I'm curious if they'd be able to perform on piste and if anyone has an opinion on the handling of them.
Attached is an ebay sale for the Loke.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MADSHUS-Telema ... Sw8G9eoKFM

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Re: Madshus Loke And/Or Odin

Post by lowangle al » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:14 am

Never heard of either ski, but if you can perform so should they. The Loke looks like a piste ski. What ski are you currently using.

HeathDude

Post by HeathDude » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:54 pm

I'm just starting out actually! I'm coming from a downhill alpine ski background but I want to get into Telemarking! In an ideal world I'd like a mainly piste ski but has ability to tool around on rolling hills around my house.

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:19 pm

I think they would be a good deal for around 70 bucks or less depending what shipping is, just to get you started. On old skis like that I never wanted to pay more than what the binding is worth to me. If you didn't like the ski at least you have a binding. You may be able to put the bindings on an old alpine ski that you are familiar with also.

HeathDude

Post by HeathDude » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:49 pm

Hey Al,

Thanks for the advice. I'm finding with a lot of these used skis w/ bindings are just as cheap as to buy a binding alone! I think the Loke w/ targa bindings is trying to be sold for $130 OBO on ebay which seems a little steep considering I think it's a 1990's model.