Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by fisheater » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:06 pm

Maple syrup, and turns, that’s living the life!
I drove a couple hours north to pour the floor on my friend’s pole barn addition, it was only one truck, not to much for an old concrete guy that mostly has been supervising for the past twenty years. Sunday I skied at Boyne. It’s a very upscale resort that owns a bunch of resorts across the country. They charge a lot for lift tickets, but they blow tons of snow. I was able to get a $20 lift ticket. Snow cone snow, and skiing in a tee shirt! It was awesome!

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:25 am

Soon, hopefully will also be skiing in shorts and T shirt. Jeece yesterday bunch of people showed up for the eclipse and sugaring. Sugar house was steaming and the eclipse was thrilling. Dogs were running and the kids were snow balling. Gotta do some thingers today then i can get back to my mission in life. Ski like hell is around the corner as I try to get away. Hope I make it. TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:20 am

Snow up in the Highlands was good and the skiing decent. Full coverage and rounded with snow that made the skis turn without much force. Great to be out there. Roads are mud and my jeep is a wreck with no back window and a gas leak. Bummer but as long as the snow stays not much use in getting the junk heap better. TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:21 am

Most snow on West and South side is gone but around ponds and Wetlands tons. Teleking and I were skiing around in the wet zones that had tons of snow when a bald eagle checked us out. Flew to a scrawny tree just above us and the tree bent when it landed. Took a look at us and then burst into the air and cruised around the large quiet wetland. A goose let out a warning and there was dead silence as the eagle did its thing. Made looking at the extensive beaver world seriously wild. Good ski with few turns. Oh, and Fisheater, lots of young and small brookies in the exit stream and another very cold stream from a saddle high up in the hills. TM

fisheater

Post by fisheater » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:34 pm

Yes Teleman, I think I could be happy in your neck of the woods. It sure seems like some nice country!

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:20 am

I have been fortunate to see many parts of our world. Alps Rockies Big mountains in China, just lucky! The most beautiful and rewarding is out in this tiny world of Fishball hills around here. Seen a lot but this is where I want to be. Lucky! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:20 am

Telekid and Teleking led the way, and we packed the skis on our packs and up we went. About a mile in found a decent crashed tree and began the process of getting a fire going. Rest of the time we hung around and a little skiing where the Sun couldn't but slowly get to that snow. Great day with Sun wind and fire. Got some turns in too. Decent! TM

fisheater

Post by fisheater » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:21 pm

Good for you getting some more turns in! Saturday is the trout opener in Michigan’s Lower Peninsula. I’ll be at our annual trout opener camp with a couple of high school friends, and whomever else my friend invites. My 21 year old son will be attending this year, which hasn’t happened much since he discovered girls. I’m pretty happy.
Nothing is better than trout, eggs, and fried potatoes for breakfast on day 2!

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:39 am

So true. Teleking and I built a "seventh wonder of the Kingdom" chimney on an outcrop looking over a Pond with few if any people around. Used to do exactly what you describe. Thinking we will have to head back up there soon. TM