Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by greatgt » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:22 am

Couple of days ago found those rebounds that I got when they came out....````````````Decade or two ago????....My 109's were NOT coming around for this oldie what with conditions....So resurrected them from a shed and voila.....they came around....(169 they should).....Decent camber...I know....but it works so good....Still mucho snow up in the woods and there are no worries about "social distance".....11,000 acres and only one person skiing it....And.....it's good....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:47 am

Headed to a knob up in the Highlands.....Nobody for miles around and anywhere from a foot to 20 inches...Corn to mushy corn....with lots of small openings to good runout...repeat......used the 109's and they were good.....fast....pretty easy turns....Great day of decent skiing and NOBODY on the 11000 acres! No worries about social distancing....See lots of Yorkers driving around up here...Hope all is well with them and their families....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:16 am

And in the beginning......215 or 220's back then....when the season is beginning to diminish....like now....foot to 20 inches plus yesterday.....figured I'd try to hit some "Corn" later so after noon...hit it...Our easy to get to steep zone was still in semi hardpack mode so headed East and South faces....Found some corn there and had a total blast....Here the snow has dips small openings with open areas...Not steep at all....It was a place where the Sun did it's thing....And I was transported back to my Tele beginnings.....Three turns here...back up....shoot into a dip fly up the dip...turn weightless and find an opening....Bout an hour of finding easy shots with only one mistake heading down an old logging road which wasn't corn...Speedy and off into the whips I went...Got slapped up on that one....Rebounds made turns easy and....it was good.....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:46 am

Got up near Snowshoe Donny's house and the muddy road turned to a white sheet of snow....Looking up into the misty hill nothing but white...Liked that....Up in the gap Telekings truck was parked and the track in was broken...If you call breaking 4-5 inches of fresh new powder on hardpack breaking....Finally got the out of the jeep...had locked the car and figured I was missing something...Oppps...the skis....Silky and white...Everything was white...Trees were plastered white....Branches white...Limbs white...White world and that combined with awesome fresh air in out lungs was a serious blow to C19.....Could hear Telekid getting ready to head up....Three vehicles....three Telemarkers....spaced...heh...Still snowing lightly with a light breeze we found a place where the wind didn't blow and just soaked in white world....Solved the problems of the world....then hit the slopes....The boys hit the steeps and I had a beer....They switched skis....Telekid took my seriously old Rebounds...Teleking the Rossi...110...short and stubby...They hit the steeps again and I pinned up the bc90's...Very skiable ski with less energy than Fischers and quite slow...Once I figured that out headed them straight down and they turned well and life was good...Had a couple of brews up top and headed down the West side on the Rebounds and had some wonderful delightful turns as did Teleking and Telekid...Excellent end of the year powder....Sugarmaking is over with @ 70 gallons...Thanks to Telesven and Rastatele.....TM

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:57 am

Sounds like a perfect day!

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:30 pm

Rock you gotta get up here more than once next year....Want to explore some big trees up in Stanlock Gap.....The lock side down from 2785....Steer clear of the cliffs and a new world awaits...Northeast side..... Uh that might face South east from the Gap...Also want to head off to Sheffield?????Sutton????? the backside where the SUN don't shine...Rugged out there....Did some loopy loops a couple decades back....Time for a repeat performance...TM

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:21 pm

Don’t dawdle, get it while the goods are still good. Now that you’re done collecting syrup, disappear in the white world. Just come back and tell us about it.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:28 am

Couple of weeks back Fish got twisted around up there...Boys beat me up about that....But that mistake did open my eyes to possibilities....Just might do what you said Fisheater.....Need some decent corn....hard pack doesn't get my jets going especially around those cliffs....very tempting and those trees......TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:38 pm

S-bounding today and pond ice and hard-pack with crushable corn (can turn it) with an inch of powder on top....Not Bad!!!!! Gonna just cruise to Dead Moose Pond...did...then went out onto the ice....seriously frozen with 8-10 inches of serious ice ..and...a bunch had formed since the rain storm....fast speeded across....went up some glacier inspired U's.....beautiful hardwood forest.....Got to the top and sat on a LONG log....pissin off (19)....got up to see if the camera could be set to take a picture...right!!!!!....Timer forge3t it....went toward my skis to set the camera up and my foot NEVER hit the bottom but my ass hit the hard pack....Never hit bottom!!!!!! Ski out was like old time tele...Rotta ST...leather Asolo's....Rebounds and Rossie bc 90's...both skis did well...Back to dead Moose pond and out...Boys want to clean up "camp" but am thinking to the South of dead Moose Pond is a tiny pond that goes by some dark caves....Hollow tree fire out there....find some corn....could be hard as HARD-PACK is the word....But that surface and it's possible we might get some MORE POWDER....Turns!!!!!! ARCS....Oh yeah....Skiing continues....TM

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:13 pm

I cannot compute this. Do you live in the Himalaya? Gddmm.