Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by greatgt » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:58 am

Talk about dumb.....Couple of days back slipped on a set of leather boots laying about in the basement....Fit pretty good and they were NOT beat at all....Without any interest went to my least restrictive light leather boot and had some fun in the snow....Next time i looked at them they looked way to new...Huh?.....Asolo Extreme leathers?.....Now I'm an ancient Telemarker but sort of new leathers and not noticing is somewhat unsettling....Remembered that Telekid gave me them last year after trying to "Make more volume for in them for his feet....Never had such a boot so will try them soon....lost some snow yesterday but gained a bit this morning....Will try those boots and my beater short E109's before to long......22o and serious wind....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:03 am

Good but not a lot of snow cover....Undermost snow coated the underbrush so anything on top is pretty reliable....Telekid and I got Telecamp 2 totally ready for skiing.....Heading down we had the best skiing of the year with lots of wonderful feeling turns...Even with such low amounts of snow we never hit anything down under....Sweet....Telekid opened up early but this oldie was conservative till we hit the old farm roads...Man!,,,,,Was in the low 20's and the beer at Boots was cold! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:54 am

DEC 7 1941....A sincere thanks to all that gave so much for this great country....Thank you! Teleman

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:00 am

Couple of inches last night....Will see what the Highland has....heard next week will see ALL snow in Vermont disappear....Hope not! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:53 pm

Good workout!....Couple of miles with one up and one down....Easy laid back skiing...10 -12 inches higher up and 6-8 out of the car....Saw teleking's car on the other side of the range...Steeper and I'm sure he got some decent turns....heard 3 inches tonight....will hit something tomorrow......skied off the trail to some ridges and did a couple of turns out there....Nice....Will hit the steeper ridge tomorrow and see what is what...TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:09 am

Walked up to TK2...(Tele camp 2).....Teleking and Telekid rigged up a window....cut the West side tarp....put the window in and Voila.....A wonderful view of the Worcesters from....Elmore Mountain to Mt. Hunger in the distance....Mansfield looked real close and the trails looked kinda icy.....What a camp! Teleman

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:10 am

38o howling winds and almost all snow gone!l.....Sat predicting 5-8 inches....Boys want to put a door in up at camp on Sunday....Me?.....be skiing up in the Highlands getting a few arcs in.....Like Tom's Stand up tele Stance.....will be doing the same Sunday.....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:48 am

Headed up into the Highlands yesterday with anywhere from 5-7 inches of snow....fast stuff and if you could run the skis flat they would come around easily....Had a couple of brews on a fallen tree and reveled in the icy snow view of trees and distant mountains.....Teleking and Telekid went down some old logging road that is steeper than the low angle one we came up....Me I choose the road that was easy and had a really decent decent......Good laid back ski for all...TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:27 am

Man those Fischer 109's really book! Did a sleeper up on Little Mountain and the skis went up ok....(with Rocker they can slip back on the way up)....Didn't go far as the temp registered at o degrees......Not ready for that!.......the down on low angle old farm roads or cow trails had @ 5-6 inches and those skis took off!....Wonderful easy laid back turns....TK wore the Snowpines as opposed to the new pair of Asolo Extremes......Wow!......What comfort!......Tomorrow back to the Highlands and see what has changed up there....Wonderful skiing snow....TM

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:11 pm

greatgt wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:27 am
Man those Fischer 109's really book! Did a sleeper up on Little Mountain and the skis went up ok....(with Rocker they can slip back on the way up)....Didn't go far as the temp registered at o degrees......Not ready for that!.......the down on low angle old farm roads or cow trails had @ 5-6 inches and those skis took off!....Wonderful easy laid back turns....TK wore the Snowpines as opposed to the new pair of Asolo Extremes......Wow!......What comfort!......Tomorrow back to the Highlands and see what has changed up there....Wonderful skiing snow....TM
Not a lot of snow elsewhere Teleman. Good to hear you have snow in the NE Kingdom