Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by greatgt » Sat May 16, 2020 10:21 am

Heh...don't think that would make any difference!!!!!!! Bummer the rest of the snow melted last night....But snow kept beer cold..er....thinking we have had two days above 60o....Air was almost good enough...TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sun May 24, 2020 7:15 am

Mansfield still has snow but golf is calling....trees are just starting to leaf out....Mostly poplars but Apple trees and Sugar maples are starting.....Great weather and have been working on fields...brush....walls....Takes a lot longer now....But life is good....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:00 am

Have been a couple of frosts in June....Saw some clouds leaking snow over in the Worcester's.....just a couple days ago.....Six more days and the world will start to change for the better....Closer to wintah....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:07 am

Drove further North into the depths of the Kingdom.....Got a great grinder in Craftsbury and went into a dream.....of green.....Rounded hills of 300-1000 feet of possible great skiing....In Albany off toward Parker pond the roads got bumpier....the gravel full of ruts.....Drifted by one of the kingdoms Senators or Rep. had a huge field of Hemp....then into total oblivion of total serious green and a twisting one lane road that poses as a double....Near Barton came down from the heights and finally got to the Barton Golf Course and had a totally one person round....Nobody in front....nobody in back.....At the top of the course couple hundred up....remembered Telekid and I hearing many leaf caressing feet of the Coyotes checking us out.....Back in the car....drifted down from Barton into the "Way back gravel roads"....again seeing potential wonderful short runs....Blue skies....green everything....even first cut.....down through North Greensboro to Telekings place for some horseshoes and a wicked hot sauna.....We almost always get a few shots in October....can't wait....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:53 am

Cruising back from Franconia Notch......yesterday morning.....saw 52o......Getting there.....Saw three bears on the Mittersell trails.....and some not knowing people trying to get close....the bear ran off with it's two cubs close behind......Smart bear!.....Does anyone know if Mittersell has a separate lift ticket?....And can one get a one trip ticket up the Gondola?......Wouldn't mind doing Tucker Brook again.....TM

Tele kid
Ski style: Old school Nordic telemark
Favorite Skis: Fisher E-99's
Favorite boots: Andrews North rim

Post by Tele kid » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:04 am

Drinking, smoking, and playing golf hasn't kept my conditioning up. Can't wait to start waxing up our favorite zones. A few short months and skis will be sliding again!!

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:00 pm

Salmon are just starting to stage, but I too am think of turns. Good luck for October turns.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:32 am

Every week brings changes...Trees starting to show color....Mild drought is on.....in the 40's at night....Slowly the earth begins to cool...Oh yeah! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:52 am

just thinking...in August.....my e109's showed with less than a year of skiing on them.....that the HOLE they put in the ski.....for inserting skins.....couldn't get the job done...Broken wimpy plastic junk.....So now I have a ski with a broken hole....Wonder if it will shoot a snow spray....that would be cool....Thinking it was when I was up on Wheelock Mountain on the East south east side.....Cliffs here....all kinds of thingers....Logging roads...dead horizontal trees....open hardwoods.....Openings that want to be skied....Down to Sheffield.....Need a car there and it could be a decent ski....Miles....See if the Boys want to crash and bash down that side....Will see....TM

Chick Maldonado

Post by Chick Maldonado » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:08 pm

greatgt wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:14 am
As I get even older.....riding becomes more into the mix.....R
Good points - I've been thinking about getting a pair of 205 Jarvinens or the like - your description makes me want to!