Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by greatgt » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:02 am

Jeebers....Teleking had a 23o reading and his garden is gone....That's an out and out freeze....Over here on a warm side of a hill my temp was 30o but the thermometer is 8 feet up....Sheet over the tomatoes and peppers was enough...4 nights of frost....All is well.....Total color here and there....Stannard and Wheelock range are at peak...Love Fall....And this one is really good with wonderful color....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:44 am

Week to 10 days early but we are at peak....It just exploded and it's mind boggling....Wicked color and have been taking my camera with me....Up to the Highlands today and will look at the under cover....Unless you live in hardwood forests you can't imagine, totally blows your senses away...TM

Stephen
Ski style: Aspirational Hack
Favorite Skis: Armada Tracer 118 (195), Gamme (210), Ingstad (205), Objective BC (178), Nordica Enforcer 94
Favorite boots: Alfa Guard Advance, Scarpa TX Pro
6’3” / 191cm — 172# / 78kg, size 47 / 30 mondo

Post by Stephen » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:23 pm

Boggle my mind, blow my senses away... post some pics, man!
:o

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:34 am

Hearing that some little amount of snow is on the way...I......will not be ready but the skis will...Figure they have last years wax on them and it should suffice....Even NO turns if that is probable will feel wonderful...SNOW!!!!! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:46 am

Four inches along the road and around 6 inches on the logging road...Telekikng skied Tele knob and later Telekid and I skied some logging roads.....Nice start, good snow.....great feeling......It's on!....TM

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:10 am

6” off snow sounds great! Then I started thinking, 6” and still warm ground, lots of leaves, however no where enough leaves and snow to pad out those rocks!
Nice to hear you haven’t grown up enough to know better! I don’t want to get where I wouldn’t want to go for a slide either!

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:41 am

205 99's really "rocked".....Just a couple more dents but the two or three slight long turns was really good...Teleking scored two hundred verts and in those were a couple areas that opened into a small area where you could use speed and arc a couple....lots of fun....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:12 am

Ohhhhhhh....bout half an inch out there......Will find out how it slides in a moment....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:39 pm

So it was.....good for balance....getting your stance in difficult conditions and...well....just having fun....Figure I have twice as many days in as the rest of the KTB....snicker!!!!!!....Tomorrow that might increase.....and Telewheels....about that picture of Telecamp....We took that down last spring.....just need the ponds to freeze up and a bit of snow and away we go to Telecamp and put it together again....Just like Humpty Dumpty....laugh....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:07 am

Snowing pretty good right now....Will vote then ski....Sleet freezing rain and snow last night...Excellent base material...Right!!!! TM