NTN FreeDOM Mount Tale

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
dnt_upton

Re: NTN FreeDOM Mount Tale

Post by dnt_upton » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:29 pm

Much better, can see what you're describing. Well, sort of. I don't see it as obviously too far back. It appears more back than the mount on the 4frnt's, but you'd expect that a little with the difference in tail shape and tail rocker between the two skis. If you like it more forward, go with that. Sometimes Black Diamond offers two positions -- on the line or back 2.5 mm for a more traditional feel. Can't say what they said for that ski, but it sounds like you went with the more forward of the two if that were the option.

GEO

Re: NTN FreeDOM Mount Tale

Post by GEO » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:06 am

Yeah, thanks for checking in. Just looking at those verdicts, they do look top heavy, and they are! But they are mounted correctly for skiing BootCenter... i just wanted to warn folks, as i have never run into this problem.

Telemon, that 4frnt/freeride combo is the most fun lift service set up ever. People are saying 100 under foot is too much? We had long discussions about that on TT. These days 100mm feels confortable on everything; what still requires supervision & care is that pair of Head GS. Talk about unforgiving.... :mrgreen: