RavenTele / Ron

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Re: RavenTele / Ron

Post by Rodbelan » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:54 pm

Ron has always called me Sarah, another odd thing in that everyone else calls me Sally .I grew up in Butte, Montana. I can ski better than 98 % of the people out there and I am now 55. Chances are I ski far better than you. I am Ron's friend. A real friend. I don't "tele". I have very little to add to any ski forum and I am very busy with my professional responsibilities. That's all I have to say really.
Good for you! Now bye-bye — Ron.
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

cansalski

Post by cansalski » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:04 pm

I'll leave you with this. Ron got it for me. We were working on using the edges better and a little more hip angulation. Maybe you have one rod ? bye bye

cansalski

Post by cansalski » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:35 pm

1EyedJack wrote:
Rodbelan wrote:Nice try Ron...
That's not Ron -- no :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: or Dancing Ravens or excessive use of bold lettererd "Fk", and no stolen avatars from EYT.

Cansalski, perhaps you should read some of those highest-hit threads and get a sense of frustration and angst that Ron brought to this forum. I appreciate your defense of Ron, as I think he may be an okay person in real life and really loves skiing. I got my digs in, so I'm not innocent. Btw, I skied Lookout way back in the mid 60's and was on the Jr. Ski Patrol, got to cut in line for the poma lift :). You're right -- great place. I always seemed to hit Schweitzer during a whiteout.
Jack, I have only been skiing Schweitzer for a little over 10 years (I am not sure what terrain was open back when you skied there), but when it's really foggy or maybe windy, we go to the N face , down to Stella. It's often remarkably different in terms of weather from the rest of the mountain. My experience (again I have been on most of the hills in the area at one time or another) is that most of the hills in the Northern Rockies have very distinct sides that are open to the wind and can suffer fog-outs and whiteouts. Strangely, lookout suffers little from fog.

connyro
needs to take stock of his life
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:48 pm

cansalski wrote:
connyro wrote:
cansalski wrote: I can ski better than 98 % of the people out there and I am now 55. Chances are I ski far better than you.
The best skiers I know rarely toot their own horns. What does your bragging have to do with anything?
conny , you are sort of right . I think it's not attractive to be arrogant. I am still very confident in my abilities, how about you ? All any of you have to do is show up. I am the little gal in the green coat. I'll be right with Ron. Punctuation ? I don't know. I have never bothered to do this. I chat on facebook now and then. And i CAN ski better and faster than at least 98% on the mountain. Just stating facts. toot toot.
Hilarious. You go all-star! Bragging is not the same as confidence. Those with confidence don't need to tell everyone around them how awesome they are. You sound like about as much fun as ron. Keep talking yourself up. Some day, you might just convince yourself!

cansalski

Post by cansalski » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:01 pm

Maybe so, but sure won't find me skiing for the Bigot Patrol in the beer league.
and Conny which thread of Ron's are you begging to take over ?
Mike called dibs on the XCD thread, dropped to his knees begging Ron's friend of many years Teleman.
Better line up quick! They may go fast! I would go for the "Where Are You ?" thread. It has many wonderful photos. You should mooch off that!
And BTW, talk about confidence, what's up with running your mouths when someone can't talk back to even offer polite defense ? And what's up with banning someone and yet keeping their work to benefit from, work that probably took them 100's of hours ? Can you explain the logic in that ? In what sense is that equitable ?
Last edited by cansalski on Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:17 pm

Oh Ron - please get it all out before you get banned again tomorrow.

No one is taking over your 'art'. I simply asked Teleman if he wanted some help posting pictures - I was being nice - he'll probably say no because it will be awkward for you. It shouldn't have to be, but you'll make it that way. Johnny will take over your job of editing them, he already volunteered :)

And it seems Marius is doing a great job on your 'Where are you' thread giving us exotic pictures of the Carpathians...

And I'm pretty sure Johnny doesn't want to spend 100's of hours of his life deleting all your photos - I surely don't. Why not savor the little bit of good you left and let it be? It's not like it's unique. According to you I could just go copy them from another forum and paste them here... what's that called again?

cansalski

Post by cansalski » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:22 pm

You can ban me right now. My name is Sarah. I have said everything I came here to say and am not at all interested in hanging out with intolerant bigots masked as defenders of liberty.You are nothing more than a sniveling little rat from what I can tell. And I have no reason to believe you really even ski beyond a bunnyhill level. Judging from Johnny's work, he should do something other than edit photos.
Last edited by cansalski on Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:27 pm

cansalski wrote:You can ban me right now. My name is Sarah. I have said everything I came here to say and am not at all interested in haging out with intolerant bigots masked as defenders of liberty.You are nothing more than a sniveling little rat from what I can tell. And I have no reason to believe you really even ski beyond a bunnyhill level. Judging from Johnny's work, he should do something other than edit photos.
I would ban you if I was a mod. But I'm not - I should have accepted that job so I could save you the embarrassment. Even if you weren't Ron what you are posting is just a bunch of bullshit related to him and nothing but a bunch of selfish, childish whining about something that isn't going to change. Someone criticized your skiing... oh boo hoo. Grow up man.

cansalski

Post by cansalski » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:37 pm

I have run into 10000 lounge skiers. You fit the profile: all mouth.
Again, you don't have to worry about me. I already told you I won't be active here. I only came to correct some obvious distortions and even lies. again, women have far better sense than to participate in a circus like this for any length of time.
Now get busy and vote someone else off the island , Gilligan!
And stop mooching off the creativity and work of others.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:41 pm

And just one other thing Sarah or Ron or whomever...

Think real hard for a second here, and try to stay with me because I want you to get this... don't ya think that most people start off skiing on the 'bunnyhill'? Don't ya think that people can have fun skiing and talk and learn about it at all different levels of skill? Don't ya think it's a bit of a turnoff to say things like that, especially maybe to people who want to get into skiing or try a new type of skiing but feel like they aren't good enough? Isn't that the exact opposite message we should be sending? Isn't that REALLY why Ron was banned?

Other than that everyone is very impressed with your 98th percentile skiing ability. You should join the World Cup.