Little homemade xcd video

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
boby13

XCD Enthusiast

Little homemade xcd video

Postby boby13 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:26 pm

Hello Ttalk people,

I've posted on this forum only a handful of time but I'm mostly a reader, I've red everything here...
I miss the time when Johnny and Bri7 where posting nice xcd action video, so I figured I should do my own with the gopro cam I got for christmas!

I xc ski on the "Mont-Tremblant" mountain, from the top and bottom I have access to a network of about 60km of abandoned xcd trails from the 80's.

Here is a clip I did on February 4th on a 8 km trip from the base of the ski resort up half way, down to the lake and across to my home.
Snow conditions: trail was already broken with 15cm of fresh over a breakable crust on the sides, it was pretty warm (-3C) and the snow was really fast, I took 1 or 2 fall trying to slow me down on that evil crust.
Gear: Fisher E99 tour waxable 200cm with alaska nnn bc

Capture trajet.JPG

And another clip from January 28 on a cold and beautiful -20C day.
11km from the top of Tremblant on the ridge to Johannsen Peak, down to the north side and back to the north base.
Snow conditions: the night before was one of the coldest storm ever recorded (15cm snow fall at -30C), all that over a supportive crust... It was the slowest fresh powder I ever skied on, I was ski walking on the flats and kicking and gliding on the downs.
Gear: Excursion 189cm with alaska nnn bc

Capture trajet.JPG

Capture elev distance.JPG

lilcliffy

XCD KNIGHT
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Gamme 54 BC/Asnes Combat Nato; Asnes Ingstad BC; Asnes Storetind
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Re: Little homemade xcd video

Postby lilcliffy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:11 pm

Excellence.
Thank you very much for sharing this and please keep doing so!
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

martin2007

XCD Enthusiast

Postby martin2007 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:59 pm

Bienvenue, Boby!
Tremblant (at the resort) is where my son and I in 2014 made our first linked tele turns on old yard-sale alpine skis, lightweight 3-pins, and leathers. We had a blast! And we were hooked. We made several trips there over 3 years. From there we moved up into burly gear, but I still do lots of BC skiing in leathers and light skis. I now ski mostly in Colorado. I'm always considering returning to Tremblant, especially for the xc in the Parc National. Good hostel there, too. Never got to really know the Tremblant sidecountry. Many good memories, though. Thanks for sharing.

fisheater

XCD Guide

Postby fisheater » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:31 pm

Boby,
Thank you for sharing you video, it is beautiful country you ski. I always thought the joy for life I feel in the posts from the Québécois is because they are blest with such great snow. I see I was wrong, it is because all the trails go downhill! ;)
Please keep posting'
Bob

boby13

XCD Enthusiast

Postby boby13 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:35 pm

Thanks everybody,

Glad you you enjoyed the vids, I will for sure try to make more!

Telerock

XCD Enthusiast

Postby Telerock » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:30 pm

Please post more... vitual skiing is all I have nere in the Fla. Keys .... Take the steep deep powder when you can!

Return to “Telemark Talk Forum”