Xplore on Ice?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Manney
needs to take stock of his life

Re: Xplore on Ice?

Post by Manney » Fri May 12, 2023 5:11 pm

Good to see you got what was needed to come to your own conclusions. Your skiing, your decisions.
Go Ski

connyro

Post by connyro » Fri May 12, 2023 5:12 pm

Manney wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 4:58 pm
How so? Weather on the UP has been inconsistent for a few years. January this year was a bit of a mess. Looked like the season would be a bust. Last near iffy.

Or are you in charge of my work schedule? Is there something about my free time you know that I don’t?
Sounds like you don't know shit about UP weather with that goofy statement. "oh gee the weather is poor for a week in January so the season's gonna be a bust." LOL snort. The weather's been pretty amazing the last few seasons: consistent snowfall and lots of high-quality days for skiing. But you wouldn't really know that would you? And I DO know something about your free time: you spend most it trolling on a forum where you are clearly not welcomed.

Manney

Post by Manney » Fri May 12, 2023 5:18 pm

Work online. Many ppl do.

Last year was pretty wet at times. Started like the January patch this year. Never know how long it will go when you’re in it… haven’t lived though many double La Niña years. You?

You should start a forum on ski weather. Sounds like you can predict stuff beyond the NWS forecast. Like the time you tried getting me to the Porkies for a late season dump… that fizzled. Remember that one? LOL. Snort.

Let me know… can provide a link… with photos from the chalet webcam.
Go Ski

connyro

Post by connyro » Fri May 12, 2023 5:20 pm

Manney wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 5:11 pm
Good to see you got what was needed to come to your own conclusions. Your skiing, your decisions.
That's how discussion forums work: someone asks a question seeking advice, other members offer advice, original person reads various posts, draws their own conclusions or asks followup questions. What is so hard about that?

Manney

Post by Manney » Fri May 12, 2023 5:22 pm

Not hard at all… just resist the urge to tell ppl what to do. Give them the info. Adults can make up their mind.

Oh, here’s the link

https://www.telemarktalk.com/viewtopic. ... =90#p60284

Lots of swings in the UP. Always have been. Likely always will be… lake effect, tails of nor easters, Texas lows, zonals. Runs the range.
Go Ski

connyro

Post by connyro » Fri May 12, 2023 5:39 pm

Manney wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 5:22 pm
Not hard at all… just resist the urge to tell ppl what to do. Give them the info. Adults can make up their mind.

Oh, here’s the link

https://www.telemarktalk.com/viewtopic. ... =90#p60284

Lots of swings in the UP. Always have been. Likely always will be… lake effect, tails of nor easters, Texas lows, zonals. Runs the range.
oh wow. Thanks for manneysplaining that for me! we call them "Colorado lows" in the UP. I read the forecast discussion 2x daily for years and have never heard anyone discuss "tails of nor easters" in the UP on there and the dudes that write those are professional meteorologists. And they sure as shit don't use the term "zonals."

Manney

Post by Manney » Fri May 12, 2023 5:49 pm

Colorado and Texas are in different directions from the UP. Not the same.

The shit the hits the lakes from the east come from the coast. Some ppl think that’s lake effect. Not the same.
Go Ski

connyro

Post by connyro » Fri May 12, 2023 5:55 pm

Manney wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 5:49 pm
Colorado and Texas are in different directions from the UP. Not the same.

The shit the hits the lakes from the east come from the coast. Some ppl think that’s lake effect. Not the same.
Straight up wrong and wrong, Guy. Give it up. Your bs is easy to see through. You are quickly losing entertainment value.

Manney

Post by Manney » Fri May 12, 2023 6:20 pm

The good ppl of OK, NM, and KS would disagree. Prolly been a long time since school… and 48 is a big number. Lots to remember. LOL Snort.
Go Ski

connyro

Post by connyro » Fri May 12, 2023 6:41 pm

Manney wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 6:20 pm
The good ppl of OK, NM, and KS would disagree. Prolly been a long time since school… and 48 is a big number. Lots to remember. LOL Snort.
we were discussing weather in the UP. I said:
connyro wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 5:39 pm
we call them "Colorado lows" in the UP
and you predictably went off topic. Try to stay with me if you want to argue. oh yeah: LOL snort or whatever your call sign is.

I think I've thoroughly made my point here. Manney is a blowhard. https://www.telemarktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5902
Last edited by connyro on Fri May 12, 2023 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.