Spec...u...lating

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Teleman

Re: Spec...u...lating

Post by Teleman » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:16 am

Was about 17 degrees as we headed in and avout zero when we departed hours later.....Snowshoe Donny has his brothers up from NY and they saw how hard we train for summer horseshoes....Arcs, turns, brush busting, bouilder and ledge jumping....crashes....rolls....whipped by whips....Ron might put a few up.....All and all an excellent day of beautiful powder....Highlands lends itself to crazy skiing because of terrain features....TM

Teleman

Post by Teleman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:54 am

Telekid is heading up to Little Mountain later....Might break some trail up there....thinking there is a rounded gully at moderate pitch....just might be ready and getting first shot kinda makes me think that is a good goal...TM

Teleman

Post by Teleman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:29 pm

Shots were there but the Gully wasn't such a good idea....Easy up but the down my skinnies felt different layers and needed constant attention....Rebounds would have kicked the snot out of the powder...har....All and all a good ski but clearly a bit wider would have been easier...today...Right around 5-10o upper level some wind hardened snow...Shoulda headed east....Tomorrow? TM

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:13 pm

I'm speculating how many will stay and how many will go after Ron's latest debacle... forum members that is.

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:15 pm

Gosh, I can only hope Climbhoser stays!! :lol: :lol:
"Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind, on the road to Shambala"

connyro
needs to take stock of his life
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:08 pm

Raventele wrote:Gosh, I can only hope Climbhoser stays!! :lol: :lol:
Still going huh depraventele? Chill out.

Teleman

Post by Teleman » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:18 am

M and C won't engage on this thread....Looking for ski adventure here, please join in....Ragging on each other is a waste of time and not so much fun....Anyway Telekid said the same about the snow yesterday...very different from the day before...and he had the wide Boundless S bound skis on....Top of mountains are getting wind wildness coming from the "normal" direction...TM

Teleman

Post by Teleman » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:24 pm

On average figure it's close to knee deep just about everywhere and getting deeper by the moment....Back is acting up so couldn't drop off the South-East side of Little Mountain for 1300 verts of some of the greatest hardwood skiing in the, er, Just really good! "Best skiing of the year", possibly the best of "My Life"....Terrain...snow....and good skiers hammering the untouched....Imagine a tiny knob about 60 to a hundred feet high...rounded...dropping away to a short run out....then 8-12 more of them....on and on...down and down...No tracks....no whips....openings everywhere....then...a chokepoint....Granite erratic's....whips reappear....but not all that bad....pond and a couple of drops on Horse paths from Granite days.....Sad I missed that....But the Chiropractor is gonna fix me up....TM

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:25 pm

Doing a little thinkin' 'bout the weekend. I think I'll try skiing in the southerntier. Not sure yet -

This place could be fun, lots of low angle truck trails:

This place could be promising as well... climb up a mellow ridge, a nice rolling tour and back down:

Both should have over a foot of snow.

Teleman

Post by Teleman » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:31 am

Good looking area....We have really deep snow cover so to get going as of now it has to be steep... Would love to break some trail to some wonderful areas but the work! Mike have you thought of heading to those spots in Spring corn?...Would be a great trail ride...TM