The Ski Lite / XCD thread

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
MikeK

Re: The Ski Lite / XCD thread

Post by MikeK » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:06 pm

Oh Ron - you are going to provoke me too for trying to keep the peace. Thanks dickwad.

If you weren't so clueless you'd know that I usually ski with my wife and she isn't into skiing 'gnarly' terrain. When I don't, sometimes I practice a little xcd by myself and I don't try to take pictures. Something cool or interesting doesn't always have to be a picture. I don't even much care for taking pictures while I'm skiing, usually my wife does, and she doesn't feel the need to catch me botching some tele turns on easy terrain - she could care less about that kind of stuff. She is more interested in trees and birds and animals tracks - as am I usually, but I also like to try to be a better skier. She does too but she doesn't feel the need to post pictures of herself doing it.

See the thing is I never claimed to be an expert. I am exactly as I project. I'm not trying to impress you, Tman, or Johnny or anyone. If you don't like what I do or my skill level, then ignore it.

We've been through all this before. I can be as mean and nasty as you want me to be. It's the black mirror bro. I don't care about you going on about the Lookout or posting posterized pictures as long as you are decent to me. If you don't respect anyone else, how can you expect them to respect you?

I'm not trolling you or making sock puppets. These people are here on their own will and don't like you. I'm sorry that bothers you but don't put it on me.

connyro
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:09 pm

MikeK wrote:You can do whatever you want - I'm just suggesting that you might add something cool or interesting instead of the same old tired Ron fights.

Trust me guy - I've been there. I still go there. They are not my proudest moments. I'm just trying to help you turn something entirely negative into something positive. It's a struggle that we all face everyday in real life, not just on a forum.
Sorry MikeK. I hear you but the overwhelming desire to stare at the horrible train wreak that is this thread is too much for my feeble mind. You had your chance to screw with him, now its my turn. Ill get bored eventually too and be on my way.

Edited to add: I think your type of XCD skiing (more XC than D, right?) is where the future of tele lies. Getting out in the woods with people who's company you enjoy who share common joy of sliding around on snow. Its not about impressing someone except yourself and your ski buddies. I wish the ski industry would put a bit more effort into marketing XCD gear towards those beginners who just want to go out their back door and experience the woods in wintertime. If and when you get the skills and/or desire to charge downhill, you can do it on your own terms. Its about access, exercise, and fun! Not chest-puffing and bragging, although some enjoy that too.
Last edited by connyro on Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:12 pm

connyro wrote:
MikeK wrote:You can do whatever you want - I'm just suggesting that you might add something cool or interesting instead of the same old tired Ron fights.

Trust me guy - I've been there. I still go there. They are not my proudest moments. I'm just trying to help you turn something entirely negative into something positive. It's a struggle that we all face everyday in real life, not just on a forum.
Sorry MikeK. I hear you but the overwhelming desire to stare at the horrible train wreak that is this thread is too much for my feeble mind. You had your chance to screw with him, now its my turn. Ill get bored eventually too and be on my way.
It's fine - we are all drawn to that weakness I think - I just want you to share whatever it is you wanted to regarding xcd or telemark (preferably on another thread). Don't let him discourage you please.

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:14 pm

At least get you facts straight Mike..Teleman is kind enough to share his pix and trusts me to handle them with some respect and care..and gives me full freedom to edit and post them as I see fit..If you don't like our pix, that's fine, but know what you criticise as being "old" at least..Or better yet, stop trolling..or start your own trolling thread..
"Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind, on the road to Shambala"

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:15 pm

1EyedJack wrote:To borrow a few words from the bombastic poster, "How many times can this chud [Ronny] be wrong and not get bounced outta here , LJ?"

By the way, the skiing around here (southern Cascades) is horrible. Down to ice and rocks :cry:
Before you start in on me, Ronny, I phrased is as "the skiing", not "my skiing". My skiing is worthy of a gold medal....well, maybe a silver or bronze....
What's new, gold boy ?

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:27 pm

connyro wrote:
Edited to add: I think your type of XCD skiing (more XC than D, right?) is where the future of tele lies. Getting out in the woods with people who's company you enjoy who share common joy of sliding around on snow. Its not about impressing someone except yourself and your ski buddies. I wish the ski industry would put a bit more effort into marketing XCD gear towards those beginners who just want to go out their back door and experience the woods in wintertime. If and when you get the skills and/or desire to charge downhill, you can do it on your own terms. Its about access, exercise, and fun! Not chest-puffing and bragging, although some enjoy that too.
I think this should be the motto for the forum and XCD. Yes - for me it's about spending time outdoors with my wife.

I prefer to keep the testosterone out of it. It's tired and it keeps the women and kids away (I like skiing with women and children). It should be something anyone and everyone can do - in your backyard, in the mountains, at some rinky-dink ski slope with a t bar.

We all want to ski something fun... as the skill progress, what was once scary, may turn into fun. It's been so great to see my wife progress that way and tell me she had fun on some hills instead of getting upset or scared. It's same way with kids or other people not familiar with it. Some are fearless chargers, others are more cautious. At some point we all get to be better skiers whether or not we can ski the biggest and the baddest.

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:29 pm

connyro wrote:
Photoshop ? :lol: :lol: How many times can this chud be wrong and not get bounced outta here , LJ? Mostly I am using Picasa3.9 on Linux boxes running in emulation (wine)..Photshop ? Get the fk out! Have not even started that up in over 15 years! Who needs it ? Windows and Apple are for..LOSERS! Sometimes I fire up The Gimp too..and maybe even gthumb --great little app for quick and dirty.. :D
Sometimes filters are just for fun..But a lot of the time they actually improve the overall image quality for various reasons..If you are too dull to enjoy a little abstract or surrealistic art, not my problem.

Pure gold! Abstract surrealistic art. Isnt that overly redundant? Do you even know what surrealism is? All you do is put pre-set filters on old photos. And a poster frame around them. Great job Picasso!

This is a gem too:
Windows and Apple are for..LOSERS!
You know MacOS X and freeBSD, share a ton of code right? That's a Linux kernel in case you don't know.
WTF are you talking about ? Christ even Climbhoser knows where Apple stole a crap ton of OS code--legally..And if you think either freBSD or Apple is a "Linux Kernel", I ain't smoking what you are on ..fkin' clueless! :lol: :lol: :lol:

connyro

Post by connyro » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:38 pm

Raventele wrote:WTF are you talking about ? Christ even Climbhoser knows where Apple stole a crap ton of OS code--legally..And if you think either freBSD or Apple is a "Linux Kernel", I ain't smoking what you are on ..fkin' clueless! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Split hairs much? FreeBSD is basically a Linux operating system but with different licensing than Unix or Linux. And Apple did not 'steal' it.

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:47 pm

It's not a Linux OS at all..just shares some code from the likes of freeBSD et al..Shares a lot of cli tools.. It is in no meaningful sense a "Linux Kernel"..You have said far too much..And I said OSX was stolen LEGALLY..The BSD License allows modification to its code with no requirement that those modification be shared freely..freeBSD is not in any full sense OSS which is to say it's only free in a very twisted sense..

connyro

Post by connyro » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:02 pm

Raventele wrote:It's not a Linux OS at all..just shares some code..Shares a lot of cli tools.. It is in no meaningful sense a "Linux Kernel"..You have said far too much..And I said OSX was stolen LEGALLY..The BSD License allows modification to its code with no requirement that those modification be shared freely..freeBSD is not in any full sense OSS which is to say it's only free in a very twisted sense..
Why do you think OS X chose to use FreeBSD in the first place? Because they don't have to share the source code that they modified and developed on their own when they commercially distribute OSX. They used FreeBSD to start building OS X back in the day and then modified it for their own purposes. I'm done with this silly conversation.