Crispi Evo Tongue buckling

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
almckay

Crispi Evo Tongue buckling

Post by almckay » Fri May 22, 2020 6:55 am

I tried on new Evo’s today. There is something weird going on with the tongue below the 2nd buckle. I fiddled for ages. Checked everything was correctly layered and straight but this weird buckle just wouldn’t go away. Is this normal or did I happen to come across a dodgie pair? Tongue size matches boot. Appreciate thoughts from Evo owners please.
D411198E-FDAA-4894-A0E6-89680FA4E024.jpeg

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Re: Crispi Evo Tongue buckling

Post by Rodbelan » Fri May 22, 2020 11:56 am

Hum, it sounds like *almost* normal... I mean, do you have any pressure point in that area? I am pretty sure it doesn't affect the rigidity of the boot in forward flex... «If the pump works, don't fix it» like Mark Twain was saying. Even if there is a little modulation of the Pebax (quantity, formula, etc), it doesn't mean that the boot won't work properly. Of course, it could be a warranty case but I do not know... You might ask the seller. Do you want to keep the boot or do you plan to sell it next year (it might change your perspective on what to do...). Hope that helps...
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

Andinista

Post by Andinista » Fri May 22, 2020 6:11 pm

Mine does the same. It gets more wet from the inside than from the outside so i don’t mind... Keep it, NTN boots with the binding heel piece are rare, they should have a good reselling price.

almckay

Post by almckay » Sat May 23, 2020 6:31 pm

Thanks for your thoughts everyone. I haven’t bought these boots as I can’t believe they would make boots that fold like this. Doesn’t seem good design or plastic layup. Can someone send me photos of their Evo’s buckled up on their feet?

stec06

Post by stec06 » Mon May 25, 2020 10:15 pm

I had Crispi XRs for a bit... which I think are the 75mm equivalent of the Evos... and they did the exact same thing. Never affected anything or impacted my skiing, just didn't look right.

Inspiredcapers
Ski style: Erratic
Favorite Skis: Gammes currently at the top of the list
Favorite boots: Transnordics in NNN-BC & 75mm

Post by Inspiredcapers » Tue May 26, 2020 10:25 am

I’ve noticed similar ‘distortions’ on other boots, I don’t think it’s a huge issue.
Skiing…falling downhill…pretty much the same thing for this klutz.

Andinista

Post by Andinista » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:20 pm

almckay wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:31 pm
Can someone send me photos of their Evo’s buckled up on their feet?
Here are my boots, the right worse than the left.
This model has a lot of volume above the arch of the foot, in my case i reduce that volume a lot with the buckle that produces that fold, it's proably the reason why this happens. I added a second foot bed, my problem is that my feet are wide, so I need a bigger boot. I think a 27 instead of 27.5 might have worked though, but as I bought online I didn't take the risk. I believe there is a shell size change between those numbers and not between 27.5 and 28. Anyway, the boot adapts well with all this volume reduction but my guess is that it is what produces that fold. I can live with it.
IMG_3253.jpg
IMG_3252.jpg