Tele Technician in Mont Tremblant?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
martin2007

Tele Technician in Mont Tremblant?

Post by martin2007 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:54 pm

I'm heading from SW Ontario to Mont Tremblant on Sunday to spend a week. When necessary I've always had excellent experienced techs in Colorado do installs for me, and I've done my own, too, but never with Vices. I want to install a set of Vices on brand new undrilled QST 99's. Anybody, a shop or otherwise, that you'd recommend in Tremblant?

boby13
Ski style: Intuitive
Favorite Skis: Green FT's, Ingstad, Objective BC, Fischer E88, E99
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP and I have a love/hate relation with the Alfa Free!

Re: Tele Technician in Mont Tremblant?

Post by boby13 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:43 pm

These are the 3 main ski shop in Mont-Tremblant.

Max ski service in the old village
https://www.maxskiservice.com/en/ski-tu ... mblant.php

Dan Lachance ski shop in the old village

Magasin de la place at the resort

I never used any of their services but I have heard good things about Max ski service

martin2007

Post by martin2007 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:34 pm

Thanks for the reply, Boby.
I called Extreme, but they don't do 22 Design Installs. Next I called Dan Lachance whose shop is willing to do them, but I get the sense that no one has asked for a tele binding install for quite a while.

boby13
Ski style: Intuitive
Favorite Skis: Green FT's, Ingstad, Objective BC, Fischer E88, E99
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP and I have a love/hate relation with the Alfa Free!

Post by boby13 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:30 pm

martin2007 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:34 pm
I get the sense that no one has asked for a tele binding install for quite a while.
You may well be right...

You could ask a ski patrol at the resort, they probably know the best place to go, many of them are on tele.

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Post by Rodbelan » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:21 am

It might cost you a bit more if they do not have the template... But they can do without if they are good. Ask for a Boot center on center mark (ski mfg mark). If you have a drill & the right drill bit, I would download the paper template and do it myself. I remember a guy at La Cordée (nice shop anyway) that mounted a pair of XC bindings offset from center! They reimbursed me... Another time at La Vie sportive, a youngster mounted a pair of 3 pin offset from tip at least 1/8. That was the last time someone mounted a binding for me...
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

martin2007

Post by martin2007 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:38 pm

Yes, that's why I'm loathe to have any tele installation done outside of hardcore tele country which for me is Frasier, CO. Anyway, I left the new gear at home and am enjoying skiing the resort at Tremblant on my old set-up. 2 days in, while there are no crowds and the snow is decently soft, I've glimpsed only 2 other tele-skiers. Thanks for the feedback, Boby and Rod. Good day today exploring in the trees.