Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by Telerock » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:51 pm

T-roll may want to join the drive west too.
His dog died (sad); but now he is free to travel.

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:35 pm

teledance wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:56 am
https://www.indyskipass.com/resorts#western
Just in case you come west, 2 of our local ski areas are on the pass, and some close road trip areas too.
Which ones? I bought this pass, wouldn't mind some beta/411/knowledge on some of the hills out there

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:09 am

Teledance and Raventele ski all over northern Idaho....Montana.... and hopefully will respond...er...Raven is banned but TD can help you....Silver and Lookout are good areas to start with...TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:00 am

Wanted to check out the ice on Dead Moose Pond and see if it could be crossed....Leaving the house wife says "don't go on the ice"....."been doing this for decades, don't worry".....Up in the Highlands with the temp never reaching 10o was more worried about the day before yesterday's slow wax on the bottoms of my skis....A lite crust started to take care of that instantly....Headed into swamp land and was enclosed with spruce....cedar....Fir.....Lots of debris.....ski flat ok....if angulated not so good.....Dead Moose Pond opened up with grass and zillions of low growing plants....Had to kick hard to get through.....Saw that some inlets were semi frozen as the pond had expanded due to much rain....Soon the skis started feeling heavy and looking back could see water and slush rising into my track.....Skis got heavy....made it to the Pond ice which was waaaay solid......Trip back more of the same.....Jumped and slid on down trees and broke the ice off....That was tough!....The problem is that on the other side of the pond is where really good early skiing is....Hope that slush and water track is seriously frozen....Won't matter with Hunting coming up....Over to Boots place today for some sweet low angle arcs....Arc on everybody....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:20 am

still have 4-7 inches around and about....probably more up in the Highlands but we give hunters the chance to hunt without us scattering things up.....Did some hunting and skiing yesterday...As far as hunting.....the Buck will have to walk up to me and say..."Put me out of my misery!".....In the meantime mostly what we call turn out tele....let the skis slide fast turn into the fall line and hopefully stop....or...step turns....could do jump turns but there is an age factor!!!!!! Mostly everything is covered up with a crusty crust just under some pow....Good balance training....good conditioning.....good being out in sleet and snow and breathing deep.....Seriously dark grey and could do justice to black and white photography....Arc on! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:26 am

Figured going over to Boot's place that there would be t lest 4 inches of sweet dcorn over forest debris....Twant!!!!! Grippy-grabby with an attitude....Like a challenge....sort of.....Mostly "turn out" tele and ride hoping that where you needed to turn it would happen....Did....Better than nothing....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:36 am

Beginning to snow.....Lost most of what we had but the "Hills" had some leftover....Wouldn't mind getting a "backyard" ski this afternoon after destroying a turkey....mashed potatoes....mashed turnip....creamed onions....stuffing....wicked pies.....cranberry.....and a million other thingers.....and......two little girls who never stop playing and talking...until....they get banana cream pie with a ton of whipped cream....Total silence.....and lots of grins....Happy Thanksgiving all.....TM

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:43 am

Happy Thanksgiving Teleman and all my forum friends that celebrate this wonderful holiday.!

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:43 am

With you Fisheater....Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.....Sunday will head up to TK1....telecamp....couple of miles + into the nowhere....last day of Hunting so there won't be many about.....Need wood so will have to drag it over to camp.....Thinking there will be @ 3 inches of snow....Since skiing is usually better than walking in any conditions....er....around dead Moose Pond....could get a bit wet.....Cross a couple of small streams.....small swamp.....will get some loooooong skinnies.....They fill in for a bridge....sorta....Get some fires going....Eat a ton.....TM

teledance

Post by teledance » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:57 am

greatgt wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:09 am
Teledance and Raventele ski all over northern Idaho....Montana.... and hopefully will respond...er...Raven is banned but TD can help you....Silver and Lookout are good areas to start with...TM
Silver Mtn and 49N locally, with Mission Ridge and Castle a couple hours away same for Lost Trail Pass, White Pass , plus if you're in the area there are several resorts and ski areas not on the Indy Pass, come in March and Schweitzer sells a spring pass. Silver is my home MTN and the side country, and it has some decent steeps. 49N gets more snow has 3 separate areas of skiing and fewer crowds although outside of XMAS and President's day we don't have big crowds. Specific ??? Send me a pm.