Crispi World Cup Evo NTN fit

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
TimMoffett

Crispi World Cup Evo NTN fit

Post by TimMoffett » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:33 pm

Hey Tele-Folks...

Been a long time user of Scarpa T-Race boots... Had to fill up the ankle space to make them work, years ago.
I recently got some Crispi World Cup boots because I wanted to go to NTN and Scarpa doesn't make my size boot.

I have the same issue with these boots, the liners are very thin for my feet - mostly in the area above the heel pocket.
I put the Intuition liners from my T2 Eco boots in there and the fit is great.

Can anyone recommend an Intuition tongue style liner that would be a good fit for these boots?

Appreciate it!

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Re: Crispi World Cup Evo NTN fit

Post by Johnny » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:26 pm

I had two pairs of Crispi WC... They are great boots, but very different in sizing and design compared to Scarpa...

If your old Scarpa liners fit great inside the WCs, your best bet is to stick with them..!
Or buy your favorite Intuitions and customize them with foam and pads...

I really liked the old Crispi WC wrap-around liners... I liked them better than the latest tongue ones...
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

TimMoffett

Post by TimMoffett » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:28 am

Thanks for the response! I am going to get a new Intuition liner and move on!

TomH

Post by TomH » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:42 am

I'd talk to Intuition, and tell them which Scarpa liner (since they likely made it) you're sticking in there, and they can tell you what in their current line-up is similar/same, as they have good customer service. Like Johnny, I really like the wrap liners that came in my generation of Evos, and generally find wrap liners more comfortable than tongue liners, but everyone's different. Have you baked the Evo liner yet? It may alleviate some of the problems, at least in the short term, as the foam expands and takes up some more space in the boot. Either way, you may be best to get some boot fitting foam to shape up the heel pocket to your liking.

TeleBeaver

Post by TeleBeaver » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:32 pm

I am pretty sure the Scarpa T2 uses an intuition pro-tour liner. I use a T1 liner in my Evo WC and I believe they are the intuition pro-tongue. Even with the Intuition I had to add some padding to get good heel hold, but they ski soooo well once you do get the fit right. Nice even progressive flex, and not as crazy stiff as people would make them out to be. Just a tall, powerful boot. Hope you get yours fitting right.

TimMoffett

Post by TimMoffett » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:55 am

Good to know on the liners! Thanks!

I have been skiing my old T-race liners in the Workd Cup boots. One thing I hadn't considered before was how the liner fit the boot shell. The T-Race wrap liner is straight up in the back, due to mods I have made to take up volume in the lower leg. The way the boot shell is formed was pushing my leg forward considerably. This made me feel stooped forward. I heat molded the stock liner and added duct tape to make it fit better. Skied considerably better.

I am going to order some new liners to be the permanent solution... I agree, these boots do have a nice progressive feel when they fit right.