Asnes Ingstad BC 2018 Ski Review

Real reviews by real skiers. What a concept! Add your own today. Reviews only please, questions can be posted as replies but new threads looking for opinions should be posted to the main Telemark Talk Forum.
Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Re: Asnes Ingstad BC 2018 Ski Review

Post by Johnny » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:44 pm

Nye Ingstad har fått en markant Nordisk rocker og taper tupp
Gnarly + Nordisk = Gnardisk... 8-)
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Post by lilcliffy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:46 pm

love it
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics

Post by Johnny » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:55 pm

I wonder how NR changes mounting position?
This is something quite important... As obviously, here on the 410mm rockered Ingstads, the ski should react in a different way... Normally, you would expect the ski center line to be a bit different...

But, even more interesting... There is no mounting marks on the Ingstad BCs. The guys at Asnes said they would mark the best pin line mounting position for me on the ski, which they did. I also marked on the ski the actual chord center and the balance point. I ended up with one single wide mark... CC, BP and Asnes mark are pretty much at the same spot... I really can't wait to try them... 8-)

Grampatele

Post by Grampatele » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:39 am

uh...You have had them for over a week!....You said you had two inches of snow!...There is no such thinger as a ROCK ski....Dooo...itttt....TM

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:41 pm

OMG, do NOT run those new Asnes over the rocks! I cringe at the thought of it.

So what bindings did you use? let me take a wild guess....NNNBC. I've noticed before how Asnes seems to design all their BC/Fjell skis with BP and CC at the same point, which gives them a great feel for both XC for turns. in the Fischers & madshus I've owned CC is usually in front of BP by a few centimeters, which gives me a wild out-of-control feeling on the downhills. I can feel the difference between the Gammes and E99's right away, the E99s have me in the back seat too much on downhills.
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

Johnny
Site Admin

Post by Johnny » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:28 pm

More like 6" actually... ;)

Another thing I like about Asniees is that they are SUPER fast... No way I'm going to take the chance of having one single frozen grass stem touch my beloved bases and reduce that speed... (I might give them a try tomorrow at the golf course though...)

Didn't mount them yet, too busy skiing...! Cool that you noticed that Canna... I don't recall seeing both points at the same place very often... Yep, NNN of course...! I had only one old metal pair left... (Magnums are too wide)... They were a lot beefier but man, much heavier too...!

Grampatele

Post by Grampatele » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:59 am

Seeing @ 2 plus inches out there....If I had NEW skis they would be broken in.....Piss on rocks like a coyote....sing like a wolf...scream like a bobcat....Ski the damn things....They are only skis....See if they are tough....Wimping out at ski areas isn't going to show anything...Gnarl out....Skiiiiii themmmmmmmm....Besides I'm on the lookout for newbies.....E109 or perhaps the Asnes.....But somebody has to ski them....Ski areas aint gonna help....Being an oldie I need something wider....Old peoples skis....109's and those Asnes are in the running.....But it has to be soon...Send them down here or will meet up near Jay....Believe me they will get demoed...uhhhhh...TM

Johnny
Site Admin

Post by Johnny » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:23 am

Grampa, have you ever paid more than 10$ for a pair of skis?

You can buy a pair of Asnes Ingstads right now, ski them on rocks and logs and fern and piss on them for only 600$ USD + import fees. You will LOVE them, the rocker will make them turn very easily while providing perfect stability on deep stuff. They will be way easier to ski than your old Europas...

But if you wanna try the ones I have here, you will have to wait for a few more inches... 8-)

I should be skiing at Jay every Wednesdays if you wanna try some real skis... ;)

Grampatele

Post by Grampatele » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:37 pm

600$...Good lord.....Don't think half my cars cost 600 bucks....Well sounds like when they are beat and at ski swaps will do them....But the e 109's should be less than half the price and hopefully.....just as good..... Skied the twice delaminated short 109's today in the fields here....Two turns...ahhhhh...Bout three inches so far....and the lake effect is still cranking...Can't go into the woods and ruin Hunting for the serious....So have to wait it out or ski around different places till hunting is done...Serious bummer on the price....TM

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:27 pm

I think he's joking about the price. I was able to score my pair of Nato Combat (same as last year's Ingstad) for $300 shipped from Neptune Mountaineering.

Here you go Teleman, looks like Neptune does have some Asnes this year - the pics are of last year's skis. Nansens only $370 shipped. Either Nansen, Ingstad, or Nato Combat would be perfect for KTB action:

https://www.neptunemountaineering.com/a ... ski-540321

https://www.neptunemountaineering.com/a ... ski-540189

It's worth calling or emailing them too - they did not have the Nato Combats on the website but when I emailed them they told me they were in stock and offered me the sale price. The half-skins are $60 and well worth it. You can try mine next time I'm in Vermont - not sure when that will be, I'm getting an MRI on my knee this week. :cry: :cry:
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)