Advice needed on NTN mounting for rockered skis

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Re: Advice needed on NTN mounting for rockered skis

Post by Johnny » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:11 am

Nice quiver! It's funny we can sort of guess where people are from according to their skis... : )
And very nice information here!
Do not trust manufacturer recommendations.
Do not trust shops either - that's your ski, not theirs, so they do not really care.
So true. It's a good starting point, but they don't know anything about you, about your style etc... I think the best person to trust when it comes to mounting bindings is a friend who knows his stuff, and who also knows about how you ski and what you expect from the boards you are mounting.

Anyone else with that pic loading problem? I don't know a thing about PHP and CSS... But it works perfectly here in Opera and Chrome... Was it slow before the fix? Thanks!
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

bogon

Post by bogon » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:41 pm

LoveJohnny wrote:It's funny we can sort of guess where people are from according to their skis... : )
whoa! So, tell me - where am I? ;-)
LoveJohnny wrote: Was it slow before the fix?
No.
It is slow on three different instances of firefox (on diffexent boxes and different winblows versions). I can test SeaMonkey and FreeBSD Firefox binary later.

Haven't tried Opera - I found it pretty useless after they broke the interface. But 9.24 was good, though.
I like all kinds of snow. The only poor snow I know of is ice. That better be climbed.

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics

Post by Johnny » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:38 am

Ahahaha! Well, you sure ski in an area with *SNOW*...! I wouldn't guess the east coast... : )

I've been using Opera for over like 15 years... Still the fastest (and safest!) browser around!

Hummm... I tried loading the page on Firefox on 3 different machines/OS... No problem at all here... Guess I'll have to dig the PhpBB forums to see if there's something I can do... Let me check that...

bogon

Post by bogon » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:58 am

LoveJohnny wrote:Ahahaha! Well, you sure ski in an area with *SNOW*...!
well, sometimes :-)
LoveJohnny wrote: I wouldn't guess the east coast... : )
indeed.
I'm in Ukraine, the 3rd world as it is (with criminal as president), and I ski in wet Carpathians mostly; sometimes Alps; have yet to ski Gudauri or Didveli/Bakuriani in Georgia - $80 for 5-day lift pass @~3300m is hard to beat, eh?

Telemark is almost non-existent here - never saw a single live telemarker (except my girl ofc), but I know they exist - around 10 or so people, they are like a club or something (someone called Funcarver seems to be their leader).
LoveJohnny wrote:Hummm... I tried loading the page on Firefox on 3 different machines/OS... No problem at all here...
You did something?
Same browser session that I tried last time now works as advertised. I restarted it, just to be sure, and it just works as it should.
I like all kinds of snow. The only poor snow I know of is ice. That better be climbed.

Johnny
Site Admin

Post by Johnny » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:06 am

I ski in wet Carpathians mostly; sometimes Alps; have yet to ski Gudauri or Didveli/Bakuriani in Georgia - $80 for 5-day lift pass @~3300m is hard to beat, eh?
Woooah dude! This looks SOoooooo cooool! Almost unreal... It's so.... Remote... And exotic!
I'm sure I'll have some nice dreams tonight about skiing in Ukraine...! More pics, more pics!

Couldn't find anything about the image resize MOD on the PHPBB forums... Good to know it's working now!

nstelemark

Post by nstelemark » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:42 am

Heh - I mount boot center on alpine center. Mind you I ski mainly one brand and prefer cambered over rocker and stiff tails, so I get pretty consistent results. And I prefer a forward mount.

And I do all my own mounts.

sharykin

Post by sharykin » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:11 pm

NTN's? Mount it as alpine on a rockered skis - no problem with flotation in powder, and this position gives better turn initiation on piste.

Off: You are welcome to Priiskovy, Siberia to the Russian Telemark Week.

[[/quote] I ski in wet Carpathians mostly; sometimes Alps; have yet to ski Gudauri or Didveli/Bakuriani in Georgia - $80 for 5-day lift pass @~3300m is hard to beat, eh?
[/quote]