New Crispi Boot

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
MikeK

New Crispi Boot

Post by MikeK » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:01 am

Apparently called Lofoten GTX:

Looks to be drawing some inspiration from the Alaska.

If you don't like full skeletons and you dislike heel lift, this may be the boot for you! Not sure what the sole flex is, but one can guess it's not soft with the heel retention strap still in tact.

Cannatonic

Re: New Crispi Boot

Post by Cannatonic » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:27 am

looks great, a beefed up Alaska, where did you find that? Is this new also - Norland Hook?? Crispi was busy over the summer apparently:

http://www.crispi.it/it/330/nordland-ho ... /245/black

http://www.crispi.it/it/331/nordland-ho ... /246/black
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

dorthman

Post by dorthman » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:32 am

interesting. that's a cool boot.

my biggest gripe with alaska's getting them snug enough over my (low) instep without worries of ripping the nylon lace anchors out..

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:52 am

Doesn't show up on Crispi's site... not sure why(?), but these guys are selling them:

http://en.aventurenordique.com/crispi-l ... tx-bc.html

I've bought from here before, a good place to deal with.

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:12 pm

so they installed two new boots between the Stetind and Svartisen. Fantastic development, these are telemark boots. I would think the Lotofen will be made in 3-pin as well, they seem to offer both types. So two new options if you don't want the plastic hardware of the Svartisen behind your heel.

http://www.crispi.it/it/5/prodotti/23/snow#backcountry
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:53 pm

Yeah - it looks to me that the Stetind, Lofoten, and Svartisen are all similar boots with different levels of support. There are some minor differences in the lacing, and perhaps the sole inner structures are a bit different, but very similar.

I don't see a 75mm version for the Lofoten and Stetind, but that doesn't mean they won't make those. My guess is they won't, and mainly due to their intended markets... the Svartisen an Sydpolen/Antarctic probably cover most of their 75mm basis.

The Norland Hook models seem to be a bit lower cut for touring - but them being offered in both 75mm and NNN blows my theory...

dorthman

Post by dorthman » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:05 pm

the fey bros @ telemarkdown.com are the (only?) us distributors for Crispi - and they're great to deal with - if anyone wants to get sone of these stateside I'd give them a shout

athabascae
Favorite Skis: Asnes MR48; Asnes Ingstad
Favorite boots: Alpina Traverse BC; Alpina Alaska BC

Post by athabascae » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:37 pm

Those look great. If I didn't have and love Alaskas, I'd be all over these new Crispi boots.

There seemed to be some room between the Stetind and Svartisen - I couldn't choose which way to go (or with Alfa). Hopefully, these are a nice compromise for those that want something in the middle.

Tom

lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Post by lilcliffy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:15 pm

At least appears to be a Stetind plus the strap.

Seems a bit like splitting hairs to me...

If I were to consider this boot, I think I would prefer to go another step and get the Svartisen.
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:08 pm

Yeah I guess some people don't like the skeletons and some people have issues with heel retention. Crispi seems to be catering to your every whim in terms of boot customization. I highly suspect they are trying to appease the Scandi market.

Fey Bros are great to deal with. Bought my first pair of Svartisen from them, and would have bought others but they didn't have the sizes and they have limited stock. Don't know if they will be up for importing these boots - the only one I know they were importing was the Svartisen 75mm (I bought my BC version from France).

All-in-all it was actually CHEAPER to buy from France BUT if you have to send them back for a different size... ouch! I knew my sizing when I bought my BC, so no issue - but it's worth paying a few more bucks from a local importer for return/fit issues if you have the option.