Get psyched before your own next trip... fire your imagination and expand your horizons while discovering new telemark and backcountry skiing destinations from around the world. Our Trip Report Archive is packed with inspiring and informative words, photos and video, it’s a wonderful resource made possible by the contributions of thousands of enthusiastic members of our community. Come on in and get your stoke on…
- XCD Enthusiast
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:08 am
- Location: Italy
- XCD Guide
- Posts: 762
- Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:06 pm
- Location: Oakland County, MI
- Occupation: Construction Manager
Randoskier, it is absolutely an enchanting place. To go once would be to have it beckon strongly. Bad snow makes for tiring skiing. Hopefully you were able to make adjustments to your route. With good snow I would like to adjust my route up that mountain in the background. I imagine even a guy from the northern Midwest could find a couple of fun, and safe routes down.
- XCD KNIGHT
- Posts: 1536
- Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:25 am
- Location: New Hampshire
- Ski style: Bumps, trees, and steeps and long woodsy XC tours
- Favorite Skis: DH: Voile V6, Altai KOMs, XC: Asnes Gamme 54, Classy Woodies
- Favorite boots: T2Eco, T4, Alaska
- Occupation: Retro Rager-grouch. Intermediate skier on good days.
Randoskier- I would love it if you put together a thread with pictures of how you gear up for this trip. Skis, bindings, boots, poles, back-up equipment, clothing, camping stuff, the pulk, etc etc. Also, how your wife is equipped too and what she likes. Just a thought! It would be super-informative.