WTB: Bishop BMF NTN Toe Cage

Want to sell some telemark and backcountry ski gear? Looking to buy or to trade? For years now this has been the best place on the web for telemark and backcountry skiers looking to buy or sell previously owned gear. Private party, used gear posts only, please.
shenvatele

WTB: Bishop BMF NTN Toe Cage

Post by shenvatele » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:09 pm

I know it's a long shot, but had one of my toe cages crack on my BMF-3 bindings. Just wanted to see if anyone had a spare one laying around. Thanks!
IMG_9842.JPG

TallGrass

Re: WTB: Bishop BMF NTN Toe Cage

Post by TallGrass » Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:40 am

shenvatele wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:09 pm
I know it's a long shot, but had one of my toe cages crack on my BMF-3 bindings. Just wanted to see if anyone had a spare one laying around. Thanks!

IMG_9842.JPG
That is totally weldable. Is it stainless? Make sure your welder properly IDs the metal.

First they'll want to unstress it so the fracture is closed and tight on its own (versus clamping it), tack weld on one or both ends (or middle), grind the || crack so it is \ /, then fill the \ / with metal so it's \|/. Then go back and grind out those surface tacks and V them, and weld there. There should be little to file on the underside. If you're decent with tools, you can grind and polish the weld flush afterward.