Fischer E 99 wax skis size 195 w/Viole 3-pin /cable

Want to sell some telemark and backcountry ski gear? Looking to buy or to trade? For years now this has been the best place on the web for telemark and backcountry skiers looking to buy or sell previously owned gear. Private party, used gear posts only, please.
WInterlover
Ski style: local woods
Favorite Skis: used!
Favorite boots: leather

Fischer E 99 wax skis size 195 w/Viole 3-pin /cable

Post by WInterlover » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:37 am

These skis are circa 1998, but in excellent shape, little use, stored properly with wax on them. Original double camber still perfect, metal edges are still sharp, bottoms are in great shape. I will post pictures as soon as I can figure out how to do so. I am in the Boston MA area and would prefer to sell these semi-locally, since shipping wold be very expensive.

wrsamuels

Re: Fischer E 99 wax skis size 195 w/Viole 3-pin /cable

Post by wrsamuels » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:03 am

Do you have pictures of this ski? I am looking to find a setup for the VT woods. Something in between my AT setup and my nordic skis.

I am wary of wax though, no experience with that. See my post for what I am looking for: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5058

WInterlover
Ski style: local woods
Favorite Skis: used!
Favorite boots: leather

Re: Fischer E 99 wax skis size 195 w/Viole 3-pin /cable

Post by WInterlover » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:56 am

Hi, Sorry for my slow reply, I was out of town. I can send you pictures if you are still interested. I think these skis might be great for what you are looking for, they are good backcountry touring skis. Unfortunately they turned out to be too long for me, but I am shorter and weigh a bit less than you, I think they are your size. They are slanted a bit towards speed and cruising along efficiently rather than doing lots of steep turns, they don't have a ton of sidecut and they have a double camber, so that is something you should consider, but if you want to eat up distance cruising along in the woods they are great! I wouldn't worry about getting wax, you definitely SHOULD get a wax ski! Quite frankly, waxless skis suck for most conditions, they have lousy kick and crummy glide. Once you try a wax ski you will never go back to waxless; with one exception. For wet, soggy crusty snow at or above freezing, waxless skis work great, and are much more convenient than dealing with sticky klister wax. If you do lots of warm weather spring skiing on corn snow for example they are perfect. But for any snow conditions below freezing they don't perform nearly as well as wax. And waxing is actually very easy, I just put on blue, and if I need a bit more traction, a little red under the feet. That's it. And a wax job will last you one or two full days of skiing, and is easy to touch up. All the perfectionism around it is totally not needed. Even a crummy wax job is twice as good as a waxless ski in almost all conditions. Whatever ski you get, for VT go with waxable. If you do a lot of steep hill climbing put on skins (which you would also need with waxless skis anyway!)
BTW I also have a pair of skins which i would be happy to add in for a few bucks more if you were interested ... Let me know if you want pictures, thanks!