WTB: Leather 75mm telemark boots.

Want to sell some telemark and backcountry ski gear? Looking to buy or to trade? For years now this has been the best place on the web for telemark and backcountry skiers looking to buy or sell previously owned gear. Private party, used gear posts only, please.
t-$

WTB: Leather 75mm telemark boots.

Post by t-$ » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:30 pm

hi,

looking for a used pair of 75mm leather tele boots like the alico ski march or mod double. also, if somebody had a svartisen they wanted to unload i would jump at that too. looking for a 42 euro or 9 1/2 us.

thanks!

martin2007

Re: WTB: Leather 75mm telemark boots.

Post by martin2007 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:20 pm

I was just looking at Alico double-leathers on EBay. Seems there are a few brand new pairs shipping from England, quite cheap, almost too cheap. Some people here have bought them from there, though, and seemed happy. There's a size 9.5 and a handful of much bigger sizes there. Not my size, though, which is 10-10.5. The 9.5 might work for you.

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:52 am

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-British-Ar ... mwBanner=1

This is where I bought mine, they are sized British. Order one size smaller. I do not think they are available in 1/2 sizes. If I was 9 1/2 I would order a 9.
They are Telemark boots. They are not as beefy as even a "soft" plastic touring boot like a T-4

ddg

Post by ddg » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:40 am

Got my Alicos from that same ebay store in the UK. Delivered to Canada without issue. Heavy but work great.
Derrick

t-$

Post by t-$ » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:16 pm

hey guys, thanks! yea, i had seen that listing as well. i'm still not exactly sure which direction i am going in 75mm, so i think i am going to wait or see if a cheap pair of used leathers materializes out of thin air.

after all of your guys consistent persistance on going to plastic, i am actually considering (gasp) t-4's. :o

but if anyone reads this and wants to turn some old leathers into some new money, let me know. thanks again!!

ddg

Post by ddg » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:52 pm

I first tried T4s on my RC125s for backcountry XCd. WAY too robot like, at least for me. Probably great for true downhill telemarking, but that's not what I do. I may very well end up selling my T4s. Plus, the Alicos are far less expensive.
Derrick