SWAP?

Want to sell some telemark and backcountry ski gear? Looking to buy or to trade? For years now this has been the best place on the web for telemark and backcountry skiers looking to buy or sell previously owned gear. Private party, used gear posts only, please.
anemic

SWAP?

Post by anemic » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:12 pm

What I have of value to swap: 195 cm Madshus Eon smooth base wax model in perfect condition, with Voile HD Mountaineer 3-pin 75 mm binding

Why: I love that Eon (fast, fun, turns easy) and I don't really want to get rid of it, but I would grab a waxless ski often if I had one and my (wife's) Epoch 175 cm is too soft / slow with me squishing it (160#)

What I desire: a waxless XCD ski (in very good condition).

I would consider a waxless 195 cm or preferably longer Eon. I think this would make me most happy. May consider the Karhu equivalent if in great shape. I have the XCD GT version 1 smooth waxable ski, which is narrower.

I would consider a 195 cm Epoch 68 or 10th Mountain Karhu version.

I might consider a Glittertind MGV+ !

There are Fischer versions of the list that I would gladly consider.

If you have something to swap, let me know. I can always remove my binding and you can do same if you don't have a 3-pin binding on a ski you'd swap.
Call it Nordic Freeride

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Re: SWAP?

Post by Johnny » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:16 am

I have a pair of used 195 MGV Glitts that I dont use... Flat, no bindings... I don't remember their exact condition... They might have some scratches... They are in storage, 2h from here, and I don't have a box... ;)

If you're not in a hurry... I'd like to try the Eon... I could use your box...? 8-)
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

anemic

Post by anemic » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:21 am

D'oh I just pulled the trigger on those new 200 cm Glittertind MGVs. Sorry, Johnny!!!! Man I kept coming back to the post to see if there was ANY interest, but finally I ended my indecision.

Now it looks as though I have done this transaction while adding yet another pair to the quiver.

Let things settle out and we'll see if a swap thread has a future around here. Seems like a good idea, n'est pas?
Call it Nordic Freeride

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:16 pm

Swaps are cool...!
I organise a local swap here in November to trade (Or selling under 5$) the skis I don't use that much... In fact, I throw most of the stuff into the very popular "FREE SKIS" section...

A swap thread would be awesome... Hey, I think me Glitts were actually 190cm... Not sure...
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Post by lilcliffy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:13 pm

Anemic-
Don't know if you have moved your waxable Eon yet...

Just some friendly advice- consider keeping it.

Perhaps the Eon Wax is not the ideal ski for your everyday touring- in your region (it is in mine)- BUT, a mid-width XCD ski with high quality sintered waxable base is becoming VERY hard to come by- especially in the USA...

The US market is only one step away from the only waxable BC-XC skis being sold by Neptune Mountaineering- ASNES.

I feel it is only a matter of time before the Eon Wax is a thing of the past...They don't sell enough of this ski in Europe...

Anyway- if you get rid of it- I bet you may regret it...
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

anemic

Post by anemic » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:03 am

haha thread drift alert. How do I add this discussion to the Glittertind ski thread

I am glad to report that I 'm holding on to my Eons! They are truly a fabulous ski and I did not want to get rid of them/relived that a deal was not struck. I'm hoping to learn about the Glittertind waxless pattern when this awful rain stops, so that our regularly scheduled activities may return soon?

As a nordic ski racer, I'm familiar with how to jump on the pocket of a double cambered ski to stick the pocket to the snow, so I think I might prefer it over the smooshy pocket on the 175 cm Epoch.

Remember how we used to have to jump on a straight alpine ski to get it to turn? It's like that for the kicking of a double cambered ski, as I see it (as I ski it). So I've always massively preferred the tradeoff of speedy high camber stiff pockets to the draggy feel of the alternative.
Call it Nordic Freeride