BD 50mm Kicker Skins SOLD

Want to sell some telemark and backcountry ski gear? Looking to buy or to trade? For years now this has been the best place on the web for telemark and backcountry skiers looking to buy or sell previously owned gear. Private party, used gear posts only, please.
Cannatonic

BD 50mm Kicker Skins SOLD

Post by Cannatonic » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:24 pm

Black Diamond 50mm Kicker Skins, only used a couple times, $25 thanks. *sold
IMG_0919.JPG
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Re: BD 50mm Kicker Skins SOLD

Post by fisheater » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:32 pm

Canna,
Selling these kicker skins after a couple uses, might be considered a review, but I would prefer to ask for your review or your initial impression. I have not heard any comments on these universal kicker skins. If you don't mind sharing, it would be appreciated. I probably would have bought them for $25, if I had seen this post.
Thanks

Cannatonic

Re: BD 50mm Kicker Skins SOLD

Post by Cannatonic » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:08 am

I converted over to using Asnes skis and skins, so I didn't need these anymore. The BD kickers can work well, excellent traction, but the attachment clip can cause real problems. In granular spring snow the clip can act like a scoop that kills any glide. So these are better as something you use for a particularly steep climb, not something you'd leave on for miles & miles of skiing.

They're small and light to carry, less than half a pound, good to carry as back-up. if you're using kickwax or scales and you come to a steep climb these will save the day. Not good as your primary means of traction.
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)