Summitcone Pariah 97

Real reviews by real skiers. What a concept! Add your own today. Reviews only please, questions can be posted as replies but new threads looking for opinions should be posted to the main Telemark Talk Forum.
fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Summitcone Pariah 97

Post by fisheater » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:10 pm

I decided to buy a season pass, and start riding a chair regularly again for the 1rst time in twenty years. I needed a piste ski, I decided on the Pariah 97. It seemed like it might be wide to me, as my widest ski was 86 mm UF.
The ski is relatively light, but it is a birch/aspen core with a rubber foil dampening layer. I mounted it Voile Transit, because as a backcountry type guy I was interested in the binding. I’m skiing it with an F-1 boot.
I’ve found edgehold to be good, even on very firm steep Vermont blacks. I’m no racer, I just ski kind of fast, making whatever size turn seems like fun. The ski is also pretty quick edge to edge, again using a Vermont example, I had a lot of fun skiing those narrow, twisty, Vermont trails. The ski has handled heavy snow and mank well. I had it out yesterday in soft 50 degree F manmade. It floated well flat, and threw contrails on edge.
It’s a nice kind of all mountain ski, if that’s still a term. It has a little pop, but it’s easy to ride. It’s reasonably damp, but I certainly can feel glacier refrozen corduroy over dust. I guess the best thing I can say about it, is that I am strongly considering buying the scaled version. The downhill performance would be very good. I am confident the scales are the equal of Voile. It’s the glide that is my concern. I have a Falketind X and a Tindan, the Pariah doesn’t share the flex characteristics that make the first two skis glide. I’ve yet to get someone whom has skied both a Vector and a Vagabond 97, so I would know how the skis compare in the glide category.