Alfa Vista Boot Review

Real reviews by real skiers. What a concept! Add your own today. Reviews only please, questions can be posted as replies but new threads looking for opinions should be posted to the main Telemark Talk Forum.
voilenerd

Re: Alfa Vista Boot Review

Post by voilenerd » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:30 pm

Howdy I got some time on my Vistas. So far great boot. But I did get blisters on a wierd part of my heels. They are the right size and next size up would be too much heel lift and next size down my toes would curl. I’m thinking about taking the boots to a shoe store and having them stretched. Good or bad idea? I need just a little more room in the toe area and maybe the stretch will help with the odd blister.

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:23 pm

What worked for me with my Ski March was wearing them while taking couple mile dog walks around my neighborhood. Just a suggestion, they both are stiff boots.
Good luck

aclyon
Ski style: adapt or die

Post by aclyon » Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:34 pm

voilenerd wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:30 pm
Howdy I got some time on my Vistas. So far great boot. But I did get blisters on a wierd part of my heels. They are the right size and next size up would be too much heel lift and next size down my toes would curl. I’m thinking about taking the boots to a shoe store and having them stretched. Good or bad idea? I need just a little more room in the toe area and maybe the stretch will help with the odd blister.
I've had success using the following technique:
fill a long sock with rice. set oven to 250F or so. put sock in oven, after about 20-25 minutes it should be nice and toasty. don't start a fire please.
stick the hot-rice-sock in your boot. leave it there for 15-20 minutes.
now stick your foot in the boot, but pad your foot with extra socks or somesuch in the areas you want stretched. so if you want the toe box bigger, jam some socks down there and then try and get your foot snug in that space.
walk around your house with the boot for 20-30 minutes or so.
repeat from the first step as needed.

i was able to expand the volume of my rossi xp-12 boot perfectly using this technique. the boot previously gave me terrible blisters on the back of my ankle and wasn't quite wide enough for my hobbit toes. now it is a comfortable touring boot that i could easily keep on all day. good luck!