Crispi Svartisen GTX 75mm

Real reviews by real skiers. What a concept! Add your own today. Reviews only please, questions can be posted as replies but new threads looking for opinions should be posted to the main Telemark Talk Forum.
wabene
Ski style: Stiff kneed and wide eyed.
Favorite Skis: Åsnes Gamme, Fischer SB98, Mashus M50, M78, Pano M62
Favorite boots: Crispi Svartsen 75mm, Scarpa T4

Re: Crispi Svartisen GTX 75mm

Post by wabene » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:21 am

Now in my second season on these boots, man, the Svartisens are the most comfortable boots I've ever worn. The soft forward flex is great for k & g. I was worried about downhill control because of this. In good conditions it has been fine with the 3 pin without cables. This year I have really focused on practicing tele and when doing laps I've found the cable is amazing with this boot. I've got the tension just right on the Voile 3pc so on the up with the lever flipped open there is minimal tension making it hardly noticable during k & g, but the cable stays secure in the groove on the heel of the boot. At the top of the hill I flip the lever tight and that softness of the forward flex totally changes. The boot feels much stiffer and when I drop the knee I really feel the exoskeleton come into play. Pressuring the skis with my shins. The way the cable flexes the boot makes the ball of my rear foot flex and gives a more stable platform for pressuring the rear ski. I'm very happy with this setup, but acknowledge this is my only experience telemarking and with a cable on a binding. My Ski Marches are getting broken in enough that I need to try them for these laps and get a comparison.