Ski Pole Review: Åsnes Ingstad

Real reviews by real skiers. What a concept! Add your own today. Reviews only please, questions can be posted as replies but new threads looking for opinions should be posted to the main Telemark Talk Forum.
jooleyen

Re: Ski Pole Review: Åsnes Ingstad

Post by jooleyen » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:29 pm

telerat wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:32 am
jooleyen: I have checked Asnes' web site and the Ingstad weight seems wrong on their English page. As far as I can see from their Norwegian pages, Ingstad and Cecilie Alloy is identical except for color and that Ingstad is available in longer lengths (155 and 160 cm).

Regarding lengths: There are different opinions, preferences and use cases. I am 175 cm and use 145 cm length. My wife at 160 cm prefer 135 cm length. Asnes general recommendation is 5 cm shorter than I have and 10 cm shorter for my wife. She bought a pair of Cecile Alloys in 130 cm and found them too short and the grip too large diameter for her hands, so we are going to sell them.

Tusen takk telerat! I think 145cm would be right for me, I tend to like longer skipoles.

lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Post by lilcliffy » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:25 am

@jooleyen
Good to hear from you!
We have both the Ingstad and the Cecile pole- they seem identical- though I have not weighed them.
I bought the Nansen pole on clearance a couple of years ago as well.
I find that I still prefer the fixed Ingstad for my Nordic ski touring.
But, I do prefer the extendable pole for fieldwork as I can shorten them when strapped to my pack.
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

jooleyen

Post by jooleyen » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:41 pm

lilcliffy wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:25 am
@jooleyen
Good to hear from you!
We have both the Ingstad and the Cecile pole- they seem identical- though I have not weighed them.
I bought the Nansen pole on clearance a couple of years ago as well.
I find that I still prefer the fixed Ingstad for my Nordic ski touring.
But, I do prefer the extendable pole for fieldwork as I can shorten them when strapped to my pack.
Likewise, man! You are one of the icons of TelemarkTalk, at least to me you are! I've added the Cecile poles to my cart, now I just gotta figure out what skis to get along with them (more efficient on shipping when you buy skis with your poles, ya know?). I'm making a separate post on that topic...