Falketind 62 Review

Real reviews by real skiers. What a concept! Add your own today. Reviews only please, questions can be posted as replies but new threads looking for opinions should be posted to the main Telemark Talk Forum.
lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Re: Falketind 62 Review

Post by lilcliffy » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:31 am

Woodserson wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:12 pm
Well, I just had a nice day with the FT62 in its natural habitat, rolling terrain and soft snow. What a pleasure, what a dream! Perfect mix of K&G and downhill control.

Would love to see a waxless version too! (I know I'm not the only one asking for this!)
Hey Woods-
Cool to get a report from you on this ski!
(I assume you are riding the first gen- red and white?)

I too have been taking this ski more often as I venture further into higher and steeper terrain. I am thrilled with this ski as an ultralight xcD setup!
(I recently did back to back tests with the FT62-188cm and Ingstad-185cm/195cm/205cm- more on that later...)
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:24 am

lilcliffy wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:31 am
Woodserson wrote:
Well, I just had a nice day with the FT62 in its natural habitat, rolling terrain and soft snow. What a pleasure, what a dream! Perfect mix of K&G and downhill control.

Would love to see a waxless version too! (I know I'm not the only one asking for this!)
Hey Woods-

I too have been taking this ski more often as I venture further into higher and steeper terrain. I am thrilled with this ski as an ultralight xcD setup!
(I recently did back to back tests with the FT62-188cm and Ingstad-185cm/195cm/205cm- more on that later...)
OH! Looking forward to the comparison with the FT 188 vs Ingstad 185!

Yes, Red/White FT62's a bit softer IIRC.

Nitram Tocrut
Ski style: Backyard XC skiing if that is a thing
Favorite Skis: Sverdrup and MT51
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska NNNBC

Post by Nitram Tocrut » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:20 pm

Woodserson wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:24 am
lilcliffy wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:31 am
Woodserson wrote:

Hey Woods-

OH! Looking forward to the comparison with the FT 188 vs Ingstad 185!

Yes, Red/White FT62's a bit softer IIRC.
I will soon join with a comparaison between the new FT (white and green) and the Rabb 68.

But from previous Crister post and lengthy discussions with my friend LilCliffy I can say that the new FT is a more than decent XC ski and probably better at it than the red and whotenFT. Not comparable with the Rabb on that matter. Also floats better than the Rabb in soft snow probably because it is stiffer underfoot... more to come

jyw5

Post by jyw5 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:36 am

I look forward to your comparison between the FT62 and the Rabb 68.

Thanks!