Fake cougar attack

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
Lhartley

Fake cougar attack

Post by Lhartley » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:19 am

https://www.mountainviewtoday.ca/beyond ... en-8414036

This incident got a popular alpine touring area in Banff called "Helena Ridge" closed down for weeks. I can't imagine why anyone would fake a cougar attack and lie about it to several media outlets.

Inspiredcapers
Ski style: Erratic
Favorite Skis: Gammes currently at the top of the list
Favorite boots: Transnordics in NNN-BC & 75mm

Re: Fake cougar attack

Post by Inspiredcapers » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:28 pm

People need attention I guess.

Pretty sure one followed my ski tracks for a few minutes a couple of years back- discovered it when on return trip a few years ago. If it wasn’t for the tracks and the dead pheasant I spotted off the trail I wouldn’t have known.

Lhartley

Post by Lhartley » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:32 pm

Inspiredcapers wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:28 pm
People need attention I guess.

Pretty sure one followed my ski tracks for a few minutes a couple of years back- discovered it when on return trip a few years ago. If it wasn’t for the tracks and the dead pheasant I spotted off the trail I wouldn’t have known.
There's a lot of them out there. There's a guy that lives near me that has a trail cam channel on Instagram @plantedcamera. It's actually wild how much wildlife is out there

wooley12

Post by wooley12 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:30 pm

People are funny. What was that guy thinking.

We have them going around and through the neighborhood all the time but they are ghosts. A dog got taken off the back porch 10 years ago. Then a cougar killed a bicycle rider 10 miles north of me about 5 years ago. Last month a pair of cougars cut up a bicycle rider pretty bad about 5 miles north of me.