Staying well this winter

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
Montana St Alum
Ski style: Old dog, new school
Favorite Skis: Blizzard Rustler 9/10
Favorite boots: Tx Pro

Staying well this winter

Post by Montana St Alum » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:36 am

Anyone that frequents this site is likely doing what needs to be done for overall health. I'm immunocompromised (on the adaptive side), so I need to do what I can to strengthen my innate side. MedCram has some great videos on dealing with viral infections like COVID, flu or just the plain common cold.

Bottom line, if you get outside, get sunlight and/or do the sauna thing, you\re probably doing what you need to do.
Years ago, I got tested for vitamin D in serum and ended up having to go to 10,000iu per day of D3 to get into the acceptable level (under Dr supervision).

They also go into "Forest Bathing."

Lhartley

Re: Staying well this winter

Post by Lhartley » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:51 pm

It was a crime against humanity for health authorities to NOT recommend any of these treatments during the pandemic with the singular solutions being vaccination, remdesiver, intubation, and avoiding getting covid altogether. They had absolutely nothing to offer.

Montana St Alum

Post by Montana St Alum » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:48 pm

Lhartley wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:51 pm
It was a crime against humanity for health authorities to NOT recommend any of these treatments during the pandemic with the singular solutions being vaccination, remdesiver, intubation, and avoiding getting covid altogether. They had absolutely nothing to offer.
Yeah, there's no money in old meds!
Allowing doctors to treat patients as they wish became very out of "style".
And I expect few people are stupid enough to believe that sending COVID positive patients into nursing homes makes any sense at all.

My daughter is an OR nurse and my cousin is an anesthesiologist. They agree with you on the intubation. My understanding is that part of the problem was patient position - vertical Vs. Horizontal.

Also, and this is digging deep into the memory bank (so some serious fact checking may be in order), but I think Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin are zinc ionophores. The transcription (or translation?) of the COVID RNA is done inside the cell, of course, through the action of RNA dependent RNA polymerase. That is effectively blocked at the Uracil level by zinc ions, but you have to get them INTO the cell to do that.

Zinc ionophores function by transporting zinc across the cell membrane in concentrations high enough to accomplish that. Quercetin and EGCG are both over the counter zinc ionophores (I think EGCG is green tea extract).

They don't work nearly as well as HCQ or IVM, but they do work to get zinc into human cells.
Legal Immigrants from certain areas of the world with endemic parasite infections are routinely given IVM when they come into the country.

(I believe the number is 7% in the U.K.)

Meanwhile, excess deaths are now up 8-16% around the world. You would expect excess deaths to be down, since the most vulnerable died (they had one foot in the grave and one on a banana peel). And they are occurring in the young and fit. I wonder what the cause could be? What are the chances that Moderna would fund a study that could determine that? What are the chances a study would be performed if it can't be funded?

Also, NAC, which he mentions, is great for liver health and is used in emergency rooms to counter Tylenol poisoning. It was studied for flu treatment as well. My recollection is that it did not help with mortality, but for symptoms, duration and severity (short of mortality) it helped quite a bit. One thing it does is break disulfide bonds, which loosens phlegm.

COVID ended up being a vascular disease with endothelial cells (lining the blood vessels) impacted resulting in a clotting factor called Von Willibrand factor. I act like the tire sealant you use in tubeless mountain bike tires, providing a substrate for clots. By breaking those bonds, the tendency to clot inside veins is reduced.
Last edited by Montana St Alum on Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Montana St Alum

Post by Montana St Alum » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:56 pm

And stand by for the other shoe to drop.

Researchers have cloned mice with human infection sites and created a virus that is 100% fatal when allowed to infect the brain cells of said "humanized" mice.

This is the study title;
"Lethal Infection of Human ACE2-Transgenic Mice Caused by SARS-CoV-2-
2 related Pangolin Coronavirus GX_P2V(short_3UTR)"
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 1.full.pdf

Dr. Campbell is another source of valuable information that is based on peer reviewed studies in reputable journals. He has a PhD, in nursing.

A discussion of said study.