Joining NATO

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
randoskier
Ski style: awkward
Favorite Skis: snow skis
Favorite boots: go-go

Re: Joining NATO

Post by randoskier » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:01 am

Capercaillie wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:52 pm
Lhartley wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:07 pm
I live in rural Alberta, and 90 percent of anyone I associate with is conservative and what people consider "right wing" and "far right" and sometimes they even call Albertans Nazis.
That last part might be due to all the actual Nazis that the Canadian government smuggled into the country in the 1950s, the majority of whom settled in Alberta, including the grandfather of current Liberal deputy prime minister Chrystia Freeland. Many others (like that SS war criminal Yaroslav Hunka who got a standing ovation in parliament last year, and who Liberal prime minister Justin Trudeau personally invited to a reception for Volodymyyr Zelenskyyy) settled in Ontario.
Also because of all the redneck Newfies working in the oil sands.

Lhartley

Post by Lhartley » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:46 pm

randoskier wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:59 am
Canada has never been capable of defending itself- huge country, tiny population. I love Canada so I will fight, but I'm old! BTW there are scads of Soviet era Russian T-72s still in use in NATO countries!
I appreciate that you'd fight for us. I'd fight too, but I'm also approaching the too old to do much age. Not sure what my 308 and 9mm will do to the drones either

wooley12

Post by wooley12 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:41 pm

My wife's cousin was in the SS and lost on the Eastern Front so I've done a bit of research as WWII is my hobby. IMO, the media blew the real story with that Uke Nazi soldier. No one wanted to be "liberated" by Russian troops who they were historically at war with.

And if the spit hits the fan, people find a way without guns. A couple of young girls took out about 25 Russian soldiers last month. Invited them to eat a nice home cooked meal the girls had prepared.

Lhartley

Post by Lhartley » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:05 pm

wooley12 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:41 pm
My wife's cousin was in the SS and lost on the Eastern Front so I've done a bit of research as WWII is my hobby. IMO, the media blew the real story with that Uke Nazi soldier. No one wanted to be "liberated" by Russian troops who they were historically at war with.

And if the spit hits the fan, people find a way without guns. A couple of young girls took out about 25 Russian soldiers last month. Invited them to eat a nice home cooked meal the girls had prepared.
You could say they really "killed them with kindness". Tbh I don't really know who the enemy is. There's a few I reckon. I think people that blow up pipelines that service millions of people are quite evil for instance, and we still haven't figured out who did that

mca80
Ski style: Over the river and through the woods
Favorite Skis: Nansen, Finnmark, Kongsvold, Combat NATO, Fischer Superlite, RCS
Favorite boots: Crispi Bre, Hook, Alpina 1600, Alico Ski March, Crispi Mountain

Post by mca80 » Thu May 02, 2024 9:34 am

See, eye ay.

Montana St Alum
Ski style: Old dog, new school
Favorite Skis: Blizzard Rustler 9/10
Favorite boots: Tx Pro

Post by Montana St Alum » Thu May 02, 2024 5:08 pm

mca80 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:34 am
See, eye ay.
You have been tagged by the Enn Ess Ay. Report to the disintegration chamber at your earliest convenience!

Lhartley

Post by Lhartley » Thu May 02, 2024 5:32 pm

Good of a day as any to get added to a government agency list

blitzskier

Post by blitzskier » Thu May 02, 2024 6:56 pm

why would anyone want to join NATO?

aren't they based out of Switzerland?