Congratulations to Shiffrin

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
randoskier
Ski style: awkward
Favorite Skis: snow skis
Favorite boots: go-go

Congratulations to Shiffrin

Post by randoskier » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:32 am

Mikaela Shiffrin had a great, great victory today! Tough course at the Kronplatz and a flat light day. Hard racing by all.

My buddy's niece competed today- Estelle Alphand, skiing for Sweden, she is not a top contender but it is an incredible accomplishment to just to ski at that level. Her father Luc was one of the greatest ski racers ever and the best downhiller I ever saw, retired at his peak to race cars and won the Paris Dakar in 2005 or 6. Fast family! (Luc's wife was Swedish that's why Estelle is on the Swedish team, her brother Nils was on l'Equipe de France last I looked).

I should have driven up to the Kronplatz (2.5 hrs) to watch the race! Next time!

Shiffrin is a rare talent but comparing her to Stenmark is comparing apples and oranges, it is PC, woke and has a big dose of nationalism mixed in. If you want to make wack comparisons like that just get rid of mens and ladies skiing and have them all compete together.