WINTER SOLTICE

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
The GCW
Ski style: Alpine, Alpine B.C. Nordic B.C.

WINTER SOLTICE

Post by The GCW » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:48 pm

WINTER SOLTICE.

solst ice

I don’t care for daylight getting shorter.

Every year, I’m happy to get here and move on because I like the longer day’s daylight. Llight increasing. I want more light. Winter solstice is something We have to get AROUND and here We are. CELEBRATE.

Cheers!

Winter solstice is not a big drinking holiday. So just drink the regular amount.

12gaugesage
Ski style: Ugly but fast
Favorite Skis: The next ones
Favorite boots: The ones on my feet

Re: WINTER SOLTICE

Post by 12gaugesage » Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:10 am

I agree, I love winter but the short days are difficult. With limited natural snow and most storms being followed by a warm up and refreeze cycle lately, skiable terrain is largely limited to resort groomers, few of which offer night skiing, afternoon/evening skiing isnt always an option.
I always look forward to the solstice and knowing that the days will be getting longer.

For now it's headlamp hikes, and cold bike rides.
Nordic by nature
Shut up hippie

GrimSurfer
Ski style: Nordic Backcountry
Favorite Skis: Yes
Favorite boots: Uh huh

Post by GrimSurfer » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:34 pm

It’s a shame because night skiing, without a headlamp, can be awesome. The eyes adjust and senses sharpen. You end up seeing all kinds of things that would be outside the range of a light.

Maybe no so good in unknown and rough or steep terrain. Nice in rolling, randomly wooded, countryside though.
We dreamed of riding waves of air, water, snow, and energy for centuries. When the conditions were right, the things we needed to achieve this came into being. Every idea man has ever had up to that point about time and space were changed. And it keeps on changing whenever we dream. Bio mechanical jazz, man.

Montana St Alum
Ski style: Old dog, new school
Favorite Skis: Blizzard Rustler 9/10
Favorite boots: Tx Pro

Post by Montana St Alum » Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:00 pm

Yep. It's a yearly celebration for us.