Biological Annihilation

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
twopass
Favorite Skis: Tatra Gopher High 12's
Favorite boots: Red Wing

Re: Biological Annihilation

Post by twopass » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:11 pm

Federal Review of Columbia River Dams Fails to Protect Salmon, Orcas

SEATTLE— A federal analysis of dams in the Columbia River basin released today fails to move toward the only viable alternative for saving salmon and the Southern Resident killer whales that rely on them for food: the removal of the four lower Snake River dams.

https://www.biologicaldiversity.org/news/breaking/
"I really have had enough of illogical detraction by association as a way of avoiding logical argument by an absurd extension of ad hominem argument to third parties."

twopass

Post by twopass » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:37 pm

"I really have had enough of illogical detraction by association as a way of avoiding logical argument by an absurd extension of ad hominem argument to third parties."

twopass

Post by twopass » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:37 pm

twopass

Post by twopass » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:47 pm

The Greenland Ice Sheet managed to withstand the warming brought by the first 150 years of the industrial age, with enough snow piling up each winter to balance the ice lost to spring and summer melting. But, according to a new study, that all changed 20 years ago.

Starting in 2000, Greenland's glaciers suddenly began moving faster, their snouts rapidly retreating and thinning where they flow into the sea. Between 2000 and 2005, that acceleration led to an all-but irreversible "step-increase" of ice loss, scientists concluded in the new research, published this week in the journal Nature Communications Earth & Environment.
https://insideclimatenews.org/news/1408 ... ate-change

satsuma

Post by satsuma » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:36 pm

There is no general acceptance that removal of the Snake River dams will significantly help salmon populations.

I sail on the Snake immediately upstream of the last dam (Ice Harbor).

twopass

Post by twopass » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:16 pm

satsuma wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:36 pm
There is no general acceptance that removal of the Snake River dams will significantly help salmon populations.
https://www.wildsalmon.org/facts-and-in ... moval.html
I sail on the Snake immediately upstream of the last dam (Ice Harbor).
So, you got skin in the game, eh? :P

twopass

Post by twopass » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:27 pm

Last edited by twopass on Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twopass

Post by twopass » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:23 pm

twopass

Post by twopass » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:39 pm

No more trees, eh?
‘We Need to Hear These Poor Trees Scream’: Unchecked Global Warming Means Big Trouble for Forests
New studies show drought and heat waves will cause massive die-offs, killing most trees alive today.
https://insideclimatenews.org/news/2404 ... orestation

twopass

Post by twopass » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:26 pm