Flower Power and other Random Shit

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Re: Downgrading for Downhill

Post by lilcliffy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:45 pm

MikeK wrote: I'm a weird fuckin' guy.
I've never been much into what is considered "normal" in our modern culture (i.e. materialistic, judgmental, self-righteous, xenophobic, and self-obsessed).

Weird sounds good to me man.
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:46 pm

Cannatonic wrote:I got bored on the lift.
Bring your peace pipe next time. I used to get blazed on the lift :lol:

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:51 pm

lilcliffy wrote:
MikeK wrote: I'm a weird fuckin' guy.
I've never been much into what is considered "normal" in our modern culture (i.e. materialistic, judgmental, self-righteous, xenophobic, and self-obsessed).

Weird sounds good to me man.
Weird is good. Some of my favorite people are complete weirdos. Smart friggin' weirdos too.

I respect people who go off and do things their own way.

And I'm totally all those things. We all are to some degree... it's the flaw of being human.

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:53 pm

I don't think we should get into any arguments about who is the least normal around here. I think Johnny would take the prize but there would be a long list for second place. :shock:

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:57 pm

lowangle al wrote:I don't think we should get into any arguments about who is the least normal around here. I think Johnny would take the prize but there would be a long list for second place. :shock:
Johnny thinks he's perfectly normal. It's everyone else that is weird. I'm serious. Ask him. :lol:

And Bri7 and I are the only ones on here who have ever met him...

You should train for that Al, it's quite an experience. I think everyone should meet Johnny Love at least once in their life.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:58 pm

Yeah training is good for some people. Others just thrive on their natural abilities and good looks ;)

connyro
needs to take stock of his life
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:28 pm

MikeK wrote:Yeah training is good for some people. Others just thrive on their natural abilities and good looks ;)
(snicker....)

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:32 pm

MikeK wrote:You should train for that Al, it's quite an experience. I think everyone should meet Johnny Love at least once in their life.
Will I have to bring my own weed or can Johnny hook me up.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:38 pm

lowangle al wrote:
MikeK wrote:You should train for that Al, it's quite an experience. I think everyone should meet Johnny Love at least once in their life.
You'll have to bring your own. The only weed Johnny has are Geranium pills and some kind of fancy expensive herb-salt.

Also Al why I think it's so funny is he is probably not at all like you think he would be...

bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Post by bgregoire » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:45 pm

MikeK wrote:
lowangle al wrote:
You'll have to bring your own. The only weed Johnny has are Geranium pills and some kind of fancy expensive herb-salt.
What the hell does geranium pills have to do with downhilling on skinnies (No disrespect to JL here)? I mean, we should at the very least start a Blabber Babber thread to talk about all this stuff, if that doesnt do it, start, a Flower Power forum for heaven sakes!
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM