Bromont, december 9th, experienced bladders

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Bri7

Bromont, december 9th, experienced bladders

Post by Bri7 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:09 pm

It’s September 7th 2015, I’m sitting at my desk. I should be working but instead I’m wasting my time. I’m switching from a card game and updating my Facebook news’s feed. I’m thinking of ski. I shouldn’t be, it’s the warmest day of the summer and the average temperature will reach 31.8°C, nothing that should remind me of snow! I think about ski all year long. I have a flash, THE idea, the new thing that could revolutionize the ski industry! It happens to me often, its pisses off my girlfriend. I start by laying down my idea on paper and then I hit the garage, when the kids are at sleep, building my prototype. Some of my friends think I’m autistic, others think I’m crazy, personally I think I’m only a couple of years ahead of my time.

The minimalist telemark (snowblade telemark)
The morphology of the human body is not naturally design to have heavy skis and boots attached to the feet. The human being as reached different summits barefoot until very recently. Why this obsession with the fat skis and rigid plastic boots?

Weight :
Lighter a ski is, the easier you will be able to manoeuver it. The minimalist telemark is offering a metal edge ski under 350 grams combined to the lightest ski binding on the market. This is the lightest ski-binding combination in the world!

Length :
Of course the length of the ski has been design to shave off some centimeters compared to modern skis. A shorter ski will facilitate the tight turns and the aerial maneuvers.

Waxless tips :
Forget about the rockers, it’s so 1.0. Let me introduce the waxless tips, fishscale on the tips of the skis. When turning in telemark, you move one leg forward while the other leg goes to the back to initiate the turn. The goal behind that technical break through is to enhance the adherence while the “kick back” of the ski.

The test :
On paper, it looks like the best invention, but what does it look like on the mountain? Yesterday, I was at Johnny’s favorite mountain (Bromont) and the conditions where perfect for the testing. We had 3 runs covered with ices and moguls. Miam Miam!

Bromont is the best place for those kind of testing. It’s the mountain where you can find the highest ratio of snowblades in north America and skiers wearing jeans are not uncommon. Perfect place not to be noticed.

The carving :
With a 10m radius, the slalom performances are awesome! For a moment, Johnny thought he had Rossignol Hero’s under his boots.

With its 50mm waist, this ski is the opposite of fat skis. Instead of floating on the soft snow, it’s sink down to the ice crust underneath the soft snow!

Aerial performance:
Wow wow and wow! I was like a kid again with those skis. Nothing could stop me, I was literally flying at each jump and the light weight of the ski I could rotationate (is it a word?) like a press drill!

What’s next ?
What should I do? Patent my idea? Not sure about it, I don’t like paperwork associated with patent. I prefer the open source concept. Anyway I have way to much stuff to build in the garage. Next time, if there is any interest, I might show you this …

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Re: Bromont, december 9th, experienced bladders

Post by Woodserson » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:26 pm

THERE IS INTEREST

show us mystery boxes

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:37 pm

Bromley is looking good! Yes, show us the boots!

would love to stop playing with my quiver in the basement and get on some snow!!!
Last edited by Cannatonic on Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:37 pm

It's just Johnny's sweaty feet.

connyro
needs to take stock of his life
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:20 pm

1. "Carvo" is a great name for a ski. Or a band.

2. "Like a press drill" is funny. So are the secret boxes. So is 10m radius as well as the fishscale tips.

3. I haven't been to Bromont in decades.

4. My guess is telesandals. Although I HOPE it's the fabled telecowboy boots...although the mystery boxes are too low on the leg for it to be that...right?

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:04 pm

connyro wrote:1. "Carvo" is a great name for a ski. Or a band.
Or a creeper clown.

Bri7 wrote: Some of my friends think I’m autistic, others think I’m crazy,
Idea for a business slogan:

"50% Autistic. 50% Crazy. 100% Telemark!"

Bri7

Post by Bri7 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:35 pm

connyro wrote:1. "Carvo" is a great name for a ski. Or a band.

2. "Like a press drill" is funny. So are the secret boxes. So is 10m radius as well as the fishscale tips.

3. I haven't been to Bromont in decades.

4. My guess is telesandals. Although I HOPE it's the fabled telecowboy boots...although the mystery boxes are too low on the leg for it to be that...right?
It's not teleCowboy Boots yet but it part of the research and development program: Telemarkanyboots.com
Don't worry you will get them until the end of the season. I'd really like to used them in the BC and than take them back to the bar with my spitter under my arm for the apres-ski.
MikeK wrote:It's just Johnny's sweaty feet.
You'are worng this time Mike. It's a new boot. Something nobody has ever done before yet. Don't worry we have something in mind for Johnny's sweaty feet for the upcoming spring.

Bri7

Post by Bri7 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:58 pm

Most of us tend to forget quickly. Even if this winter is particularly warm so far, I didn't forget last year -35°C. -35°C for Christ sake's.... That enough to keep you inside. Today's equipements are just not adequate yet for those kind of temperatures. Well that was until now!

Is there anything worst isolated than ski boots? Why did nobody came up with a super warm ski boot design yet? Do you remeber when you were young? I was playing outside with my warm Acton TM boots. Nothing could stop me, not even the blue black cold of february! I came up with this idea, why not combined the two greatest invention of all time? The NTN bindings and the Acton TM boots.

In the stride of the research and development program, telemarkanyboots.com iI built a prototype this summer: The very first Acton TM NTN boot. The results was awesome! Many models are to come: The Cowboys 3 pins boots, the Converse all-star NNN... It's only a start!

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:44 pm

I would have guessed that they were red Chuck Taylors, but it looks like Johnny went for something warmer.

Bri7

Post by Bri7 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:05 pm

I don't think they made red Leather chuck taylor's :) but they made black ones...
image.jpg