Fischer E-109 vs. Asnes Ingstad

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Re: Fischer E-109 vs. Asnes Ingstad

Post by lilcliffy » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:21 pm

Hey Tom,

Great to hear from you man.

Hope you had a great summer- here's to a good ski season!

Your experiences with the Ingstad inspire lots of confidence!

I am very excited about trying out mine...I keep setting them out and flexing them...I love the flex pattern and the old-school elongated tips.

My Combat Natos have no rocker in the tip.

My Eons seem to have a slight true rocker to them- the UTE described the Eon as having 10cm of rocker.

Regardless, the intial camber may be similar to the Eon/S-78- based on Mike's tests- but my Combat Natos have way more resistance than my Eons, and they are more torsionally rigid as well.

The Fischer E-109 in my hands feels even stiffer than my Combat Natos- but not as torsionally rigid...The tip on the E-109 is much softer than the Combat Nato- but the E-109 feels stiffer underfoot...

The E-109 has a defined "Nordic rocker" with the tips opening up considerably- much more than the Combat Nato (or the Eon)- when I fully compress the camber. Unlike the Eon, the tips on the E-109 are completely closed until the camber is compressed.

They all seem so similar- but are quite different really...

For me, the the deal breaker is likely going to be in flex pattern- xcountry skiing- and torsional rigidity- downhill skiing.
Gareth
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

gfraizer13

Post by gfraizer13 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:50 pm

An old thread, but this is the decision I have been facing recently. I don't get out much but finally had to admit I have "outgrown" my 185 Epochs. Good skis but always a little slow on the way out, and the 15 lb difference between when I got them and now has only made them slower. I decided I wanted something more tour orientated and waxable and after reading through many threads here narrowed it down to the Ingstad with the E109 as a close second. Thanks for all the input over the years before I found this forum. Even though I would have preferred the Ingstads I ended up with the E109 based on price. For what I would have paid Neptune Mountaineering for the Ingstad with free delivery, Telemark Pyrenees set me up with E109s, Easy Skins, Voile Cables with anti icing plates and even a deliver charge. Hard to argue with that. And it is very nice to have found this forum as part of my search. Thanks again.

lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Post by lilcliffy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:36 pm

Welcome!

Cool to hear you bought an E109 Tour- will be great to read your reports on them!
Also cool to hear you got a very good price from Telemark Pyrenees.
I ordered boots from them this season- an excellent price even with shipping.

Please let us know how you make out with the E109 Tour!
Gareth
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.